Overnight Delivery???

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Okay, my regular mail man has apparently come and gone without leaving, not one but two packages for me. i checked through the rest of the mail and he didn't leaving any slips saying that i had a package in case i didn't hear him at the door which is impossible with my dogs - not to mention the two extra i have here every Tues thru Fri...

Does a different mail carrier always bring the over night packages - does anyone know? i don't want my packages sitting out in the heat somewhere. i'm starting to stress... :eek:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well for me at least the regular mail man for USPS is not the man that brings me my Ts that were expressed to me. But I imagine its different depending on where you live. Do you have the tracking number? Use that and see where it is right now.

lizmotobike

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i think ups sometimes uses the regular carrier. but mostly they use the trucks. how big is the box, and did the sender give you a tracking number?

Okitasoshi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
if it's USPS, it's a different person who delivers, not your regular mail person.

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Okay, yeah i should have said it is USPS. There was no slips left in my box or at the door. i have two packages coming from two different people. i already checked the one tracking number and it just says it arrived at my local post office and is enroute. i think they say express will be delivered by 3pm so i will just have to keep myself busy for the next hour or so. i have never received them so late so i was just getting concerned. They say they don't update the tracking website until evening and if my packages went to the wrong place i don't want to wait until then to find out. i'm just worried because its warm here today.

Thanks for the quick replies. i very much appreciate it. At least now i know they didn't leave with my regular mail carrier. i'm going to drive myself crazy for the next hour!!!! :wall: :wall: :wall:

Thanks!

Staley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thats a terrible feeling... The suspence kills me :) lol

widowkeeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
for me its not uncommon to have a differnt mailman deliver it just depends on which post office my package ends up at in the am. ive gotted over night packages just after 7am and my reg mail has never showen up befor 10 am EVER .so if it goes to my local or closest postoffice its never here till about noon but if it goes to any other its allways early id start making calls and find out where your package is good luck

neanyoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i hate when i sit downstairs watching tv and turning my head every minute to see if the delivery guys at the door. weather its UPS or DHL, usually DHL (my fav because they arrive before 10am in next day delivery) time goes by soooooo slow.:(

AfterTheAsylum

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Strange, I get all my USPS packages from the same mail carrier. If at first they don't succeed, they try again, and then one more time. I will say that they never leave slips though... :evil:

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Strange, I get all my USPS packages from the same mail carrier. If at first they don't succeed, they try again, and then one more time. I will say that they never leave slips though... :evil:
Are you serious??? :confused: i am completely freaking now!!! :eek: They don't even leave slips???

This really sucks because i specifically had one of the packages sent today so it would arrive before my niece gets home from school because one contains a T for her graduation. ERRRRR.........

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
breathe jules breathe

i have gotten so called express packages as late as 6pm... an hour after the officially don't deliver them any more.

priority packages ("2-3" day delivery) come with my regular carrier and express come seperate

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i am so pissed. i just called the post office and they can only tell me it is in CA... Beautiful...

My niece just walked through the door so now all i can hope is that her package arrives alive - much less worry about a graduation surprise. i am so mad. The stupid woman on the phone said i can file for a refund as it is a guaranteed service if i bring my original mailing receipt from the post office. Does she actually think i mailed it to myself from out of state????????? :mad: :wall: :mad: :wall: :mad: :wall:

Heather

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I feel your pain!

I had the same thing happen with my p. metallica... was supposed to be here the next day, that day came and went and I cried and called USPS and they were no help. The temp was forcasted to freeze that night!

But she came the next day and all was well!

Try to relax and tell us all about your new babies tomorrow :)

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i am so pissed. i just called the post office and they can only tell me it is in CA... Beautiful...

My niece just walked through the door so now all i can hope is that her package arrives alive - much less worry about a graduation surprise. i am so mad. The stupid woman on the phone said i can file for a refund as it is a guaranteed service if i bring my original mailing receipt from the post office. Does she actually think i mailed it to myself from out of state????????? :mad: :wall: :mad: :wall: :mad: :wall:
dont count on a refund either, they dont guarantee next day with express mail to lots of places

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yup i was in the same boat:wall: but it did work out fine,and the bugs were fine,i'm sure everything will be fine, i know the wait can make ya very crazy,it did to me , let us know when you get them:)

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
If I get an Express package sent to my home address, generally its someone from the post office itself delivering it and not my regular driver.

Express packages don't arrive in my town from the airport till after 12:30pm, which is well past the time when my regular carrier brings the other mail. So maybe you've got something similar going on.

It's one reason I have all live Express shipments sent to my PO box, so it can sit in the post office where its cool and I go pick it up after they call me, rather than with some unknown person at some unknown time leaving the package where they don't know better.

Usually my UPS and Fedex drivers know anything might be alive in the boxes I get, so they usually place them in our shaded garage, the post office usually leaves them in an unlocked vehicle in the driveway. :rolleyes:

wburke17

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Usually my UPS and Fedex drivers know anything might be alive in the boxes I get, so they usually place them in our shaded garage, the post office usually leaves them in an unlocked vehicle in the driveway. :rolleyes:
I hope the windows are down ;}

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i am beyond irritated. i have been home all day to receive these packages. i don't live out in the sticks (though often wish i did) so i do live where over night express is guaranteed. i'd like to hope they will be okay til tomorrow but i won't be here all day...

USPS customer service is beyond useless!! When i called them earlier all they could tell me is the package was in CA (i only have tracking number for one of two packages) and that there was nothing i could do but call them back in a few hours. So, i waited two hours and called back and that person told me there was nothing i could do but call the express office directly which just closed 20 minutes ago so i could try them tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i asked him why the first person i talked to two hours ago didn't give me that phone number and i got the only response they know, "again, i'm sorry about that..."

i very much appreciate having at least some outlet because i obviously can't call them screaming about being worried about my T's!!!!! i am beyond angry. :mad: