Over worried about my Avic

Madmomgamer

Arachnopeon
So I've had my little guy over a month now and Munchie(Not sure if M or F), is acting rather odd. Its been hanging out on the bottom of its enclosure and will move around on the ground and not climbing like it had been. Munchie has also stopped eating for about twoish weeks now. Munchies killed two crickets but didn't eat them and the last cricket I gave Munchie I removed. Plenty of water, have room at about 70 degrees yet Still chills on the ground level. So Ive done loads of research and not sure if dehydrated, sick or in premolt. Also seems rather lethargic and I hardly ever see Munchie move. Also very curled up not sure if death curl will post a picture. Any advice? Should I put Munchie in ICU? Though doesn't look like abdomen is shriveled and as a precaution misted the sides of the encloser lightly just in case. Maybe worry wart and researching too much but hoping not sick or have avic syndrome. Figured Id post my worries after waiting a week of doing nothing but watching and waiting. Thanks for listening guys you are awesome!

Attachments

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Doesnt look too good from the photo.

I see some moss there which is no harm done if not too much/moist.

Do you have enough cross ventilation?

Madmomgamer

Arachnopeon
Im currently not home right now ill take a pic when I get home, thank you for taking time to read my concerns.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
While I never rule out nature, that Avic looks like it's going to die based on the pic and the short description. Avics at ground level are very, very rarely doing well if this is observed regularly.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
missed this one.. :confused:
looks kinda like a mature male dying to me. ICUs rarely do more good than bad and even then should only be used for species that are better kept at such high humidity, Avics are not one of them. SADS, or sudden avic death syndrome is a relic from times when people thought Avics should be kept at high humidity levels with low ventilation. its not a real thing.

Madmomgamer

Arachnopeon
I got an answer to my worries tonight. Munchie has died. So I will be burying him. Thanks all. ='(

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
sorry to hear that.. before you do that, you sohuld check the underside on the first pair of legs for hooks? if it was a MM, you can rest easy knowing there was nothing you could do, it was just his time.