Out of curiosity...

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not very far at all. THe hairs are rally light and if there is no breeze they usually just fluff out and then fall to teh ground.

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It depends,

There are a couple of urticating hair types. Some will float, some will just drop.
My first experience with Theraphosa blondi urticating hairs, included a small (2 incher) and it's back legs that wouldn't quit. Well, once it got going, I held lid in hand and just waited for it to stop. It didn't, so I put the lid back on.
The enclosure was about belly button level. The next few minutes, I started to feel the sensation.
Just my neck. Into the shower and it was done. So, in my experience, Theraphosa blondi urticating hairs did float, at least up to my neck (5'11").
john

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Rosies, L parahybana and B Smithi and Curlyhairs all have floating hairs.

Taesa Mahnee

ArachnoFae
Re: It depends,

Originally posted by LaRiz
There are a couple of urticating hair types. Some will float, some will just drop.
My first experience with Theraphosa blondi urticating hairs, included a small (2 incher) and it's back legs that wouldn't quit. Well, once it got going, I held lid in hand and just waited for it to stop. It didn't, so I put the lid back on.
The enclosure was about belly button level. The next few minutes, I started to feel the sensation.
Just my neck. Into the shower and it was done. So, in my experience, Theraphosa blondi urticating hairs did float, at least up to my neck (5'11").
john
I was wondering if they might be that way. Wasn't sure. Thanks. :D

Taesa Mahnee

ArachnoFae
Originally posted by JacenBeers
Rosies, L parahybana and B Smithi and Curlyhairs all have floating hairs.
Now I have even more of a clue of what to watch for... thanks.