Feedback Out of control ads

goonius

Arachnoknight
There is a new ad that swallows my entire screen, and goes through a few stages before there is any option to make it go away. Is this something that might be addressed? It renders the site unusable, as it pops up any time I try to navigate to any part of the forum so I’m dealing with it repeatedly. (Such as right after I posted this.)

Attachments

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
:rofl:its cause your a football fan and visit football sites hockey fans dont have this issue just kidding jokes aside you can try setting your browser settings more secure or use a different browser i use mozilla never have any spam ads

DuneElliot

Arachnosquire
Install a pop-up ad-blocker. I don't see any pop-up ads...just an occasional banner ad that is embedded

goonius

Arachnoknight
Ha, they’ve apparently failed in their data collection. The only contact sport I enjoy is roller derby.

Ads like these bog down sites even when ad blockers are effectively doing their job. That said, I do have ad blockers on my computer, while the one on my phone is apparently out of date and isn’t catching ads like it used to. Because I hate ads with a passion, we will be installing a Pi-hole in the near future which will at least resolve all ads that go through our home router without bogging down the connection.

Still, I figured I’d relay the feedback in the meantime because this ad is a new level of obnoxious.

DuneElliot

Arachnosquire
It's good to point out
Ha, they’ve apparently failed in their data collection. The only contact sport I enjoy is roller derby.

Ads like these bog down sites even when ad blockers are effectively doing their job. That said, I do have ad blockers on my computer, while the one on my phone is apparently out of date and isn’t catching ads like it used to. Because I hate ads with a passion, we will be installing a Pi-hole in the near future which will at least resolve all ads that go through our home router without bogging down the connection.

Still, I figured I’d relay the feedback in the meantime because this ad is a new level of obnoxious.
It's good to point out as obnoxious ads drive away new and old subscribers to any forum. I've not had to deal with any ads so far but I would certainly bail on the forum if they were overwhelming. It would be good for admins to take note of...obnoxious ads drive people away and don't support revenue