Dumeril’s boas

Madagascar ground boa

Argentine boa

Burmese python

Carpet python

Hognose snake

Pueblan milk snake

King snake

(Not pictured because he literally tries to eat the camera)
Black rat snake

Gray rat snake

Eastern garter snake

Indonesian garter snake

Here are some of the cages I built for them.

All the cages will eventually be better decorated and enriched with new hides, branches to climb on, etc...

Last edited:

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
'tastic, nice collection you have there...some of my favorites. I really dig that black rat snake.

Q about the snake enclosures: did you use a barrister style template for those? are they stackable? do you have any detail on the interior?

just curious 'cause i have barrister shelving plans and they look nearly identical & love the diy aspect of it.:D

stevetastic

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
'tastic, nice collection you have there...some of my favorites. I really dig that black rat snake.

Q about the snake enclosures: did you use a barrister style template for those? are they stackable? do you have any detail on the interior?

just curious 'cause i have barrister shelving plans and they look nearly identical & love the diy aspect of it.:D
The black rat is my wife's (her favorite species) He was a rescue and is very "lumpy" but besides that is colors are great. Most red I have personally seen in a black rat.

As for the cages, I didn't have any plans. I kind of just designed it as i built it which wasn't the best idea but everything came out pretty spot on except 2 doors which are just a hair off.

The 2 large ones are obviously stack-able. The small and medium cages are all connected so each is its own 4 or 5 cage unit. It wouldn't be hard to stack some more on the smaller cages though.

The insides is very simple. There is heat tape along the bottom in the back and a few inches of substrate. I sealed all the edges to make them more water resistant.

The only thing I regret is making the doors for the larger cages open upwards (all the other cages open to the side). I have to put a chain on the wall or something to hold them open.