Our first Expo

Lunitar

Arachnoslacker
Well we went for it. It was a bit intimidating only being a couple months into the hobby and not knowing anyone. I really need to bring someone knowledgeable along next time.
Things turned out well, we sold about 4x what I had estimated and the sling cages sold out immediately. We had a blast talking with everyone and getting a feel for the place.

Special thanks to Eulers for the feedback on my acrylic enclosures and his budget minded enclosure idea, we actually sold every "really useful box" to a lady that raises grasshoppers.

People loved the heavy duty hinges and the 1/4 thick acrylic vs the usual flimsy stuff.

Sadly I did not pick up any T's I was just too busy, at least I have plenty of move in ready cages!

Here is the spread, Cheryl's key-chains and coasters did well too.
Reptile Show.jpg

Terrestrial Enclosure
20170304_193921.jpg

Terrestrial sling box
20170305_204445.jpg

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I told you that they'd sell like hotcakes :D Congrats! I'm glad it ended up working out for you.

I considered selling the RUB's at my last expo, but they take so ungodly long to make for me. With your workshop, though, it's next to nothing. Personally, I'm much more interested in those nice acrylic enclosures!

Just a tip - you may want to offer ones that aren't customized with spiders stuff on it. These enclosures would be great for anything: millipedes, centipedes, snakes, hamsters, etc.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Any way I can get my hands on that terrestrial enclosure?
I don't know where in the U.S but I know well how to have an helluva of those without paying: using the 'lead singing' devices present on your left of your profile pic :troll:

jok :kiss:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Darn it...why are the acrylic enclosure-makers all across the pond:shifty:

Glad you had fun though! :)
I think the mantis community would be interested in those as well if you can make them taller and add more ventilation. Like EulersK said, they can be used for lots of critters. Not so sure about rodents like hamsters, they probably scratch and gnaw on it first chance they get.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Darn it...why are the acrylic enclosure-makers all across the pond:shifty:
Actually we Europeans are the lucky one with those arboreals (and not only for arboreals) glass, cheap, and IMO perfect enclosures we have here available mostly made in Germany, Hungary etc but pssssht!! don't tell this to 'merikans because it's better an high priced "Exo" where is advised to replace the top or a fancy acrylic cage. I was fascinated by acrylic cages back then then my brain re-started to E=mc2 again :kiss:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Actually we Europeathemare the lucky one with those arboreals (and not only for arboreals) glass, cheap, and IMO perfect enclosures we have here available mostly made in Germany, Hungary etc but pssssht!! don't tell this to 'merikans because it's better an high priced "Exo" where is advised to replace the top or a fancy acrylic cage. I was fascinated by acrylic cages back then then my brain re-started to E=mc2 again :kiss:
I know, but the companies which sell those glass enclosures don't ship them, and I live really remote without a driver's licence :(
Acrylic is easily sent ;)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I know, but the companies which sell those glass enclosures don't ship them, and I live really remote without a driver's licence :(
Acrylic is easily sent ;)
Uh? :angelic: actually is the opposite. At least here.

I've asked more than one time to those " 'merikans acrylic T's enclosure pundits maker" about their stuff and their reply was: "we don't ship to Europe". Then I've noticed that Storm76, living in Germany last time I've checked, received from them those enclosures. So... isn't Europe, but Italy (Eye-Taly) the issue? :rofl: what an anachronistic joke, in Mafia-Land things works, rigged, but works ah ah.

Chris LXXIX, yours truly, online receive on a regular basis parcels from Southern U.S states (Arizona, New Mexico) and Mexico (mostly Oaxaca) without issues, using USPS Priority International. Mah :)

Ah, anyway that acrylic stuff can F-Word for me now, but actually Europeans (based in Germany) sell and ship those glass enclosures in Europe without problems, the mailman will deliver that to your door :-s

* Driving license? Not having that is an heresy only if you live in Italy, btw :kiss:

Leila

Arachnobaron
@Lunitar
Can you give us more details when you have available items for sale? (sizes/measurements, prices, etc)
I am going to need some new homes for some of my Ts soon, and yours look fantastic.

HybridReplicate

Spectrostatic
@Lunitar
Can you give us more details when you have available items for sale? (sizes/measurements, prices, etc)
I am going to need some new homes for some of my Ts soon, and yours look fantastic.
Also, @Lunitar, custom orders. Like the same experience as when I buy a computer. Standardized enclosures ship immediately, custom work has lead time. A variety of enclosure options to choose from, options are à la carte: front vs top opening doors, feeding hatches, holes pre-drilled for wiring so I can at last put a red LED in a tarantula cave, choice of amount of ventilation, choice of etching (spider, scorpion, centipede, lettering) , hasp vs magnetic closure, etc. :hungry:

Perhaps make use of the classifieds section? No one taking a cut of your sales that way. Eagerly awaiting my first order. :greedy::smug:

Leila

Arachnobaron
Also, @Lunitar, custom orders. Like the same experience as when I buy a computer. Standardized enclosures ship immediately, custom work has lead time. A variety of enclosure options to choose from, options are à la carte: front vs top opening doors, feeding hatches, holes pre-drilled for wiring so I can at last put a red LED in a tarantula cave, choice of amount of ventilation, choice of etching (spider, scorpion, centipede, lettering) , hasp vs magnetic closure, etc. :hungry:

Perhaps make use of the classifieds section? No one taking a cut of your sales that way. Eagerly awaiting my first order. :greedy::smug:
Same here!

Lunitar

Arachnoslacker

Thank you for all the feedback. Those all sound like great ideas!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Uh? :angelic: acIually is the opposite. At least here.

I've asked more than one time to those " 'merikans acrylic T's enclosure pundits maker" about their stuff and their reply was: "we don't ship to Europe". Then I've noticed that Storm76, living in Germany last time I've checked, received from them those enclosures. So... isn't Europe, but Italy (Eye-Taly) the issue? :rofl: what an anachronistic joke, in Mafia-Land things works, rigged, but works ah ah.

Chris LXXIX, yours truly, online receive on a regular basis parcels from Southern U.S states (Arizona, New Mexico) and Mexico (mostly Oaxaca) without issues, using USPS Priority International. Mah :)

Ah, anyway that acrylic stuff can F-Word for me now, but actually Europeans (based in Germany) sell and ship those glass enclosures in Europe without problems, the mailman will deliver that to your door :-s

* Driving license? Not having that is an heresy only if you live in Italy, btw :kiss:
The Spider Shop UK sells acrylic, but that is the only one i know of. It is wirth checking out buying those glass enclosures in Germany and having them sent, thank you!
Re: driver's licence...yes, I know. Unfortunately I was not one if those kids who got their driver's licence and lessons paid for by their parents. And then...life happened. It is also ungodly expensive here. 25 lessons, theory exam, practical exam? 2500€....

Leila

Arachnobaron
The Spider Shop UK sells acrylic, but that is the only one i know of. It is wirth checking out buying those glass enclosures in Germany and having them sent, thank you!
Re: driver's licence...yes, I know. Unfortunately I was not one if those kids who got their driver's licence and lessons paid for by their parents. And then...life happened. It is also ungodly expensive here. 25 lessons, theory exam, practical exam? 2500€....
I didn't get my license till I was 21 or 22, which is unheard of here. Nobody ever taught me before then; and I was Terrified of driving. I still hate driving...lol