Orthroporus ornatus reproduction?

Alpharacidous

Arachnopeon
My Orthroporus ornatus has a burrow in her tank that is against the glass, so I can see into it. Today I saw her inside it, digging, and walked away for a little while. When I came back she was grooming herself on the substrate surface, but when I looked into the burrow I noticed something that looks gray, and very shiny, almost like gel. I can't make out what it is, but I was wondering if it is an egg sac? I can't get a good picture of it, as its dark in the burrow and then flash on my camera causes a reflection.

I'm unaware of how Orthroporus ornatus breed, whether they need a mate or can reproduce asexually, as I know some types of millipedes can do. She's the only millipede in the tank, so my question is can this species of millipede reproduce asexually?

goliathusdavid

Arachnopeon
Given that Orthoporus are nearly impossible to breed in captivity it is extremely unlikely that you witnessed egg laying (it would also be individual eggs rather than an egg sack). Also because of this species lack of reproduction in captivity, the nature of their breeding is not well understood.