Orthochirus spp...Totally Cool for a Little Species!

TCO

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here's some pics of these guys. They are a very fascinating species and a joy to keep.

SixShot666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
NICE!!! Thanx for uploading those pictures!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Avery

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Cool pictures! I have never owned any of these guys, but I've always wanted to. Thanks for sharing.

telow

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
orthos are great little scorps there threat display is funny its like the no no finger -->>> :embarrassed: haha there so funny but yet one for my top 10 favorite species

x Mr Awesome x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I got three females today and a male on the way! I was blown away when I watched each of them use their metasoma as antennae! I don't know the fiction but they're definitely putting them to some sort of use in a way that no other scorp that I've seen does. Why do we have the exact same species? Because we're awesome! Haha.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They are indeed cool, little, fascinating beasties only they grow so incredibly slow for a Buthid.......So I stopped keeping them. I kept O.fuscipes and O.s.negebensis, but never bred them. I had only one O.s.negebensis, btw, but also a gravid female of O.fuscipes, that was gravid for 1,5 year and never gave birth, so I sent this specimens that I had identified as O.fuscipes to someone for confirmation of my ID work.

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They are indeed cool, little, fascinating beasties only they grow so incredibly slow for a Buthid.......So I stopped keeping them. I kept O.fuscipes and O.s.negebensis, but never bred them. I had only one O.s.negebensis, btw, but also a gravid female of O.fuscipes, that was gravid for 1,5 year and never gave birth, so I sent this specimens that I had identified as O.fuscipes to someone for confirmation of my ID work.
1,5 years!! wow I guess I will not get my hopes up for my two female O.S.nebe giving birth any time soon :"(

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
1,5 years!! wow I guess I will not get my hopes up for my two female O.S.nebe giving birth any time soon :"(
I don't know if these two species are comparable in the sense of gestation periods. Maybe O.s.negebensis is somewhat quicker :) Good luck

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I got three females today and a male on the way! I was blown away when I watched each of them use their metasoma as antennae! I don't know the fiction but they're definitely putting them to some sort of use in a way that no other scorp that I've seen does. Why do we have the exact same species? Because we're awesome! Haha.
that is why i want them. that is so fascinating that i just HAVE to get some... sadly, theyre expensive and rare in the US. Or one of the two.

OP's specimen needs some Slimfast. looks like my desert hairy did most of its life; a balloon on legs

RyoKenzaki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hauser is the only person i know who have successfully breed O.s.negebensis
Perhaps u can pm him for more info regarding the gestation period, nevular