orphnaecus marinduque purple info?

omgjelly

Arachnopeon
Does anyone know anything about these? I have one on the way and they say it’s the first breeding of this species in the us. I thought this was cool at first but quickly realized, it’s hard to find husbandry info on them.

Last edited by a moderator:

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Does anyone know anything about these? I have one on the way and they say it’s the first breeding of this species in the us. I thought this was cool at first but quickly realized, it’s hard to find husbandry info on them.
Their care should be similar to Orphnaecus philippinus. O. philippinus has been established in the hobby for a long time and there's plenty of info on them.

Last edited by a moderator:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Their care should be similar to Orphnaecus philippinus. O. philippinus has been established in the hobby for a long time and there's plenty of info on them.
I remember getting those when they were out- orange and incredibly fast/nervous

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
I remember getting those when they were out- orange and incredibly fast/nervous
I have a Selenobrachys sp. Romblon pink, which I'm sure will end up being a local variant of O. philippinus. He's lightning fast, extremely skittish, and throws threat poses at the drop of a hat.
20230220_000421.jpg
20230220_000358.jpg

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
I had never heard that they were a regional variant of O phillipinus. Interesting
That's purely conjecture on my part. Just saying that they are very similar except for the coloration, so it wouldn't surprise me if that turns out to be the case.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Care is like other Orphnaecus, but if you are looking for more specific information you should reach out to the person you purchased it from, but generally care is usually centered around genera and not species, usually.