[continue then] I haven't found out about these until someone told me
but they are of the Ornithoctoninae maybe someone has had some experience with
these kind of Ts, so can I ask for a caresheet about this T
Debating on whether I should get one of these
here are some pics

Last edited by a moderator:

Oreo

Arachnocookie
That's a nice looking T. Considering your recent incidents though, I'd suggest focusing on taking care of the Ts you have for now.

Tongue Flicker

Arachnobaron
I think someone just miscalled them. It should be Ornithoctonus as this is a more valid genus name. Ornithoctoninae is a subfamily. They are an arboreal species of South-east Asian tarantulas. Much like the Cyriopagopus genus in the Philippines.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think someone just miscalled them. It should be Ornithoctonus as this is a more valid genus name. Ornithoctoninae is a subfamily. They are an arboreal species of South-east Asian tarantulas. Much like the Cyriopagopus genus in the Philippines.
I've never heard of an arboreal Ornithoctonus.

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's not uncommon to label a tarantula using the subfamily when the genus can't be readily determined... there's absolutely no basis for saying it "should be Ornithoctonus ."

Tongue Flicker

Arachnobaron
I've never heard of an arboreal Ornithoctonus.
That's because Philippine tarantulas are poorly studied and there is a new trend of upcoming species coming in from the Cyriopagopus and Ornithoctonus genus here that were found high-up in trees (collected WC specimens were 11 meters of the ground) in the southern region of the country where terrorism and civil unrest abound so chances for a better research is slim for now.

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ornithoctoninae is correct, where are you getting Ornithoctonus from? Ornithoctonus is a genus, and people aren't talking about these spiders at genus level.

tazz

Arachnopeon
so i have a quarter to half inch mindanao i have one of only two in the whole usa i have been trying to aquire this spider for years now and it looks like you have alot of knowledge about themshould i keep the substrate moist or dry this is my favorite spider i own and any help you could give me to keep it healthy and alive and well would be very very appreciated

orbenet

Arachnopeon
so i have a quarter to half inch mindanao i have one of only two in the whole usa i have been trying to aquire this spider for years now and it looks like you have alot of knowledge about themshould i keep the substrate moist or dry this is my favorite spider i own and any help you could give me to keep it healthy and alive and well would be very very appreciated
Mindanao is a Tropical area with heavy rainforest. So keep it as a rainforest dweller. =)

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
How on earth did you find this thread and decide to add your spider to it for an ID request??

Kye

Arachnopeon
How on earth did you find this thread and decide to add your spider to it for an ID request??
Lmao. I was reading everything here about Philippine sp. Forgot that this was an old thread.

SerpenTAIL

Arachnopeon
Just heard of this T [still traumatized]
And it's a native to Mindanao [still hesitating to continue or not]
[continue then] I haven't found out about these until someone told me
but they are of the Ornithoctoninae maybe someone has had some experience with
these kind of Ts, so can I ask for a caresheet about this T
Debating on whether I should get one of these
here are some pics
Well I've raised one of it and it is not delicate as Avicularias