Ornithoctoninae sp. Hon-Sej care

Eadaein

Arachnopeon
Hello there!
I've been wanting to add this to my collection, finally pulled the trigger. She... All of mine are she's until proven otherwise šŸ˜‚... It's arriving in a week. I have plenty of enclosure options for her, I'm curious how others keep theirs. Guessing a lot of dirt to burrow, cork tube to hang out (if I'm lucky) slightly damp substrate (she will be an inch in size), ventilation. Am I good or does anyone have something to add?
I'm super excited because I ordered a couple I've been wanting. I just need to sneak them in the house, my partner thinks I maxed at 30. Luckily he doesn't hang out in the T room and count. We have an unspoken thing I think. He doesn't have to deal with it I'm good. Lol

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
At 1ā€, I would put it in a 32 oz deli cup, get a piece of cork bark almost the length of the deli cup then fill it almost half way with substrate. Give it some fake leaves up top. This will give it room to dig and hang out up top. Moist substrate but not too moist, i always let the top dry out.

Holes around the cup where the substrate is, then a few in the top. This is how I always keep asian arboreal/fossorial species.

Last edited: