Ornata Project

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Those are some beautiful looking eggs bro. Really hope it works out. Im not really sure how well coco fiber works with eggs. You might wanna get Brett on the horn and ask him. Thats a nice number also. Brett told me if the eggs fail in the incubator, than they more than likely wasnt gonna make it anyways. Good luck, and keep us posted.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
2 more photos of the setup... if anybody has any concerns feel free to share please
finishedincu1.jpg
finishedincu2.jpg

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That's great - so far. I wish you the best of luck with those eggs. Hopefully, all goes well. I'd ask Brett, too, if I'd be in your shoes. He answered my questions regarding breeding so I'll be prepared once I get my MMs.
PS: My H. villosella is still protecting that supposed dud sac...weird.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I shot Brett (and a few other successful breeders) some Pm's seeking advice. I figured if i bug enough people SOMEBODY can point me in the right direction. I never thought id get so worked up over breeding spiders haha. The suspense kills me.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Only problem i noticed is your mathematics :). How many holes is there? (Im totally messing with you bro). Good luck!

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
haha.. there is 8 .. whoops

Theyre small though, and this container is large. Seeing how i wont have 1i for a while, i didnt put mesh on.
If they start hittin EWL stage, i will slip the whole incubator into a pantyhoes/stocking

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Haha just messin with you. Yeah you wont have to worry about the holes being open until they hit 2nd instar and start to climb around. But at that point you gotta start the seperating. Really hope this works for you man. I know how much you deserve a incubator full of slings.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Im just going to do my best.
Bugging people with questions, checking in on them to see if theyre pro/di gressing, and keeping my fingers crossed.

If its meant to be, it will happen. Everything is eventual. I wont let another loss stop me, should the worst happen

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That sounds like a good plan. Im really pulling for you. Itll take a little experience to know more about sac pulling times and all. Im still working on it. Since both of my hammock sacs hatched themselves at 27 and 29 days, ill start pulling hammock sacs at 25 days now, and letting them hatch in the incubator.

Ceratogyrus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats. It looks great.
A bit strange that they are still eggs, but I wouldn't stress too much about that.
Hopefully you have EWL's soon. :)

web eviction

Arachnolord
Good stuff man! Hope all works out :) can't wait to see more pics as they progress! Definetly would had thought they would've been more developed at this point.... But the eggs look good and I'm sure you will get them raised up fine ;)

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
thanks bro. They are definitely warm and moist in the incubator. The room is a good 70+ degrees that the incubator is in, plus i have slight additional heat.

One thing im concerned about is i see water droplets forming inside the incubator on the lid. Im freakin paranoid that the water will drip back down on to the eggs (which is supposedly bad) .. Ive been told by a few VERY WELL established breeders (who all use different methods) that they keep them with very little to NO ventilation, so im assuming the droplets are nothing to worry too much about?

web eviction

Arachnolord
You could always attach a paper towel or a cloth to the lid to absorb those droplets if your to worried ;)

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
so i shined a flashlight through the lid this morning, and noticed the eggs look a little different.

rather than being the clear bright yellow they were 2 days ago, they look sort of like a milky whitish yellow color and are no longer see through. The humidity looks more than fine and i placed a sandwich bag loosely over a few of the airholes to restrict ventilation a bit.

Is the eggs turning a different color a good thing, or does that sound bad? They arent shriveling or anything like that, so im not TOO worried at this point.

I could try posting a pic if that would help

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
That sounds like a good plan. Im really pulling for you. Itll take a little experience to know more about sac pulling times and all. Im still working on it. Since both of my hammock sacs hatched themselves at 27 and 29 days, ill start pulling hammock sacs at 25 days now, and letting them hatch in the incubator.
I had my first hammock sac a few weeks ago, an A ezendami. I was waiting til 30 days, and I kept thinking maybe I should pull it around day 25 or so. I didn't, and she ate it on day 29. Now I know not to leave it past 25 or so days.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
so i shined a flashlight through the lid this morning, and noticed the eggs look a little different.

rather than being the clear bright yellow they were 2 days ago, they look sort of like a milky whitish yellow color and are no longer see through. The humidity looks more than fine and i placed a sandwich bag loosely over a few of the airholes to restrict ventilation a bit.

Is the eggs turning a different color a good thing, or does that sound bad? They arent shriveling or anything like that, so im not TOO worried at this point.

I could try posting a pic if that would help
Sorry for the short response,but that is good :) It means that they are starting to develop.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I had my first hammock sac a few weeks ago, an A ezendami. I was waiting til 30 days, and I kept thinking maybe I should pull it around day 25 or so. I didn't, and she ate it on day 29. Now I know not to leave it past 25 or so days.
sorry for your loss. Auggies are very beautiful, and a they are a genus id like to explore in the near future.

Sorry for the short response,but that is good :) It means that they are starting to develop.
Thanks for that brett.. really helps relieve some of my worrying haha. I guess i will just keep things the way they are, and report back in a day or two. I have been rotating once in the morning, and once in the evening before i go to bed (as previously stated) and i HAVE noticed the eggs are getting harder to roll around though. Almost as if they are sort of sticking to the coffee filter? IDK what is up with that, the box is very humid.
If they are developing though, i wont worry too much, and will pay attention to see if the sticking increases or not

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Man that really sucks. Im so sorry to hear. When i started reading your post, i was like " oh yeah, gotta get me some of those". I really want some. Then i got to the eating part. Really sucks.

Steven, be sure to post pics once they start popping legs. Good luck!

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
hopefully haha..

when i look in through the lid, i SWEAR i see like a tiny "point" (best way to describe what im seeing) on some of the eggs. Possibly those are the beginning of legs emerging?
Never seen a photo of what ewls look like while forming. Just see eggs, or ewls.

I hope im not just seeing what i want to see..
Now i know why most peoples incubators are clear haha.. mine is transparent blue. Kind of hard to see through, unless looking thrrough one of the ventilation holes.

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
here's hoping they are getting those legs! :)

yeah, I was upset about the ezendami sac. However, I just paired my MF P muticus with a MM I was given on Monday. I got three successful insertions and I was able to get him out. Gonna pair them again in a few days.