Ornata Project

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
so today i noticed a couple look dried up.

I took the lid off, took a photo, and added a rolled up and wet paper towel inside the incubator as well.
I dont know if the few dark eggs were due to too low humidity or what, but i figure extra cant hurt.
The vast majority still look good though.

Should i pluck those bad ones? Do these eggs look "developing"

Tman86

Arachnosquire
so today i noticed a couple look dried up.

I took the lid off, took a photo, and added a rolled up and wet paper towel inside the incubator as well.
I dont know if the few dark eggs were due to too low humidity or what, but i figure extra cant hurt.
The vast majority still look good though.

Should i pluck those bad ones? Do these eggs look "developing"
I have yet to breed T's but I have researched it and I seen people fill cups of water and cover the cups with panty hose to keep the humidity up but again no expert just a suggestion. Good luck, I enjoy rwading your thread.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
as an update for today,

upon inspection i noticed a bit more bad looking eggs.. Im not sure if this is due to condensation dropping back down onto them or not, so i stretched a thick papertowel across the top of the incubator, and replaced the lid. This will hopefully stop the droplets.

On the bright side, a lot of the eggs still look the same, and are getting white speckles to them, and appear to have ribbed looking lines across them .. im ASSUMING that that is a sign legs will be emerging?
I will continue praying (been doing that a lot and im not really the praying type) for the best and peeking back in tomorrow.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hopefully something good happens bro. But would think they would have sprouted legs by now. Being that most of the eggs still look good, either they are just taking thier time, or they are not fertile. Hope its just taking some time.

Kungfujoe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congrats on getting the eggs to the incubator.

This is the first time back on this thread since the first couple days..

This is a learning experience for me too.. i wanna try my hand at breeding some of my pocies soon.

Good luck!

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thos "ribbed like lines" are legs bro!....shine the flashl;ight at them horizontily at ground level, and you will see them forming inside!

as an update for today,

upon inspection i noticed a bit more bad looking eggs.. Im not sure if this is due to condensation dropping back down onto them or not, so i stretched a thick papertowel across the top of the incubator, and replaced the lid. This will hopefully stop the droplets.

On the bright side, a lot of the eggs still look the same, and are getting white speckles to them, and appear to have ribbed looking lines across them .. im ASSUMING that that is a sign legs will be emerging?
I will continue praying (been doing that a lot and im not really the praying type) for the best and peeking back in tomorrow.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
well, i VERY QUICKLY moved them last night to a different styled incubator.
I set up a hammock style and rapidly changed the eggs onto a clean/dry coffee filter and placed it in a tall deli, containing about 2 or 3" of water. the bottom of the filter is about 1" above the water.

I then placed the lid on the makeshift incubator, and it has no ventilation. I noticed that the deli got a bit cloudy looking overnight, but the plus side is the eggs havent got worse and there is no large condensation droplets forming over the eggs.

At this point, about 1/3 of the original eggs that went in still look good. the others all looked either black or a dark amber color and were tossed.
I will get pics later

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Be sure to keep moving the eggs around, or they will easily start sticking together.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Do i admit defeat?

man this sucks, after a week in the incubator i find these are STILL worsening.
At what point to i toss in the towel? these eggs did not look look bad last night. I separated them before putting these good ones in the new incubator, and there may have been a few eggs that were slightly darker but still looking good.
Just checked on them now and they all appear to have a dusty white stuff on them. There still are good looking ones mixed in, but im suspecting they will follow suit.

spoiledeggs.jpg spoiledeggs2.jpg

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah. I figured that. I removed very briefly last night. Today i did strictly for those pics, and ive basically tossed in the towel with this sack.
Good news is i can always try again, and i have a few diff females all about to drop any day.
I will definitely be well prepared for the upcoming sacks, and will be pulling no earlier than 28 days unless the mom seems like shes abandoning the thing.

I will continue incubating this thing, but dont expect any further development of the good eggs.

---------- Post added 01-27-2013 at 05:27 PM ----------

edit.. another reason i removed the lid was to pluck the hard/jelly like black eggs with tweezers. I didnt want any funk spreading

cmack91

Arachnopeon
Hey Steve, just wondering if you have an update for us? Did any of them happen to make it?

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
nah bro. None of them did. One morning i opened the lid (after leaving them alone for a few days) and they were all dark, semi hard/gummy like, and smelly.

They all hit the trash can. I was always under the impression that females were like instant premolt after dropping a sack, but that is NOT the case haha.
Soon as this girl enters premolt i will start the hunt for a new male and try again.

That MM i got from you is still doing fine and has gotten my other female nice and fat too btw.

jarmst4

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Man that sucks! You were so close. I had my first leopard gecko baby make it half way out of the egg and it died. It drove me crazy being that close and it not working out.

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Bah, that sucks man. My last P. ornata sac only 4 slings survived, so I know how it goes =|