Oregon to Vegas

ScorpionFanatic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So I'm thinking of moving back to Las vegas in the near future, and well I was wondering what the laws are on moving my T's with me or if I would have to sell them first. I only have 8 right now. Here is the list. I was just curious.

Lasidora parahybana
Avicularia avicularia
Citharischius crawshayi
Nhandu chromatus
Brachypelma smithi
Brachypelma albopilosum
Grammastola rosea
Haplopelma lividum

Jonathan Wilhelm

Arachnopeon
How would anyone know you brought them on to NV from OR? It is not like your going to another country.
Would it not be the same as bringing a dog or cat?

ScorpionFanatic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well jail is not somewhere I'd would not like to go to again, so the legalities are a concern. Yes I could sneak them across state line. What I was asking is is it legal.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Best way to find out is to find a breeder in NV. They would import T's all the time for breeding. They'd know for sure. They may be able to help you with any paperowrk you may need to get too.

ScorpionFanatic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Best way to find out is to find a breeder in NV. They would import T's all the time for breeding. They'd know for sure. They may be able to help you with any paperowrk you may need to get too.
Well thanks. i was just trying to save myself 3-4 hours of research. Maybe Exotic Pets might have some better answers. Thanks to all who answered. I will find out the rest on my own.

Skypainter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I wouldn't worry. I drove all mine halfway across the country with no problem. I moved from Washington to Texas. They rode copilot during the four day trip.

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
So long as you are not catching wild caught Ts from private property or state property, moving your tarantulas through Arizona is perfectly legal. I contacted several agencies a couple years ago when I was looking to go hunting Ts around some property I own down there. You'll be fine if all you're doing is moving your pets.

Jonathan Wilhelm

Arachnopeon
Highly doubt you would end up in jail sneaking a T over the state boarder, unless you had drugs in them, haha.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Well thanks. i was just trying to save myself 3-4 hours of research. Maybe Exotic Pets might have some better answers. Thanks to all who answered. I will find out the rest on my own.
Just put up a post " NV breeders needed ". They'll come to you...

Plus I'd rather do 3-4 hours research then become big bubba's beeotch in prison ...