Ordering A Sling..

Shelby Schulze

Arachnopeon
Hey guys. I've finally decided on getting a Brazilian White Knee sling. I live in the USA. I've been looking at going through JR's Invertebrates but would like some reviews on that place. If y'all have any suggestions for a place to go through that isn't Backwater Reptiles I'd love to hear them and your experiences with them!

TarantulaObsession

Arachnosquire
Personally, I don't order Ts, I'd get way too sad of they were DOA! However, many people seem to enjoy ordering from Ken The Bug Guy and Jamie's Tarantulas.
Check out the Reviews & Reports section of Arachnoboards, I'm sure it'll help!

Shelby Schulze

Arachnopeon
Personally, I don't order Ts, I'd get way too sad of they were DOA! However, many people seem to enjoy ordering from Ken The Bug Guy and Jamie's Tarantulas.
I would buy from a breeder but where I live there is literally nobody. But now looking at other Ts I'm indecisive since there are so many beautiful ones but I can only buy one for the time being. I will go check out the reviews section!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I see. But DOA are very rare if they are 'Pro' packed and common sense rules (such as a weather check) are respected. Christ, certain T's here on this part of the world (Europe) remained even 16 (16!) days in the parcel and were alive. Now that's unacceptable and was an exception, but to wait 5 to 8 days isn't uncommon here, and DOA still rare :-s

Shelby Schulze

Arachnopeon
I'm just wicked excited and nervous about ordering my first sling. I'm stuck between the Brazilian White Knee and one of the more prettier terrestrials.

TarantulaObsession

Arachnosquire
I see. But DOA are very rare if they are 'Pro' packed and common sense rules (such as a weather check) are respected. Christ, certain T's here on this part of the world (Europe) remained even 16 (16!) days in the parcel and were alive. Now that's unacceptable and was an exception, but to wait 5 to 8 days isn't uncommon here, and DOA still rare :-s
I know DOA is rare but if it ever happened, I'd still be really sad. Thankfully, there are plenty of shops around me, so I can easily avoid ordering.

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm just wicked excited and nervous about ordering my first sling. I'm stuck between the Brazilian White Knee and one of the more prettier terrestrials.
What are the others you are trying to decide between?

cold blood

Staff member
Hey guys. I've finally decided on getting a Brazilian White Knee sling. I live in the USA. I've been looking at going through JR's Invertebrates but would like some reviews on that place. If y'all have any suggestions for a place to go through that isn't Backwater Reptiles I'd love to hear them and your experiences with them!
JRs is top notch, a great guy, too. You have zero worries ordering from him at all, he's 100% reliable and honest...and he has great prices to boot.

cold blood

Staff member
What? A genic (or white knee) is one of the most beautiful terrestrials out there.

clive 82

Arachnoknight
I can definitely recommend Acconthoscurria ( at least I think that's known as Brazilian white knee)?

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
T. stirmi, Nhandu chromatu, Brachypelma vagans.
All are good looking spiders. You really can't go wrong with A. geniculata (Brazilian white knee). They're gorgeous spiders, frequently out in the open, and absolute beasts at feeding time! I do love my T. stirmi, too - but she does spend the majority of her time in her hide/burrow.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Research ahead if u get a stirmi. I have two--one almost always stays in the open the other only comes out of hide to grab a roach and return to his hole. shipping is too much for a sling. there are reptile shows all over that have tarantulas. you can look at the spiders in person and don't have to spend $40-$50 for shipping.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Is this your first T, or your first sling?
Of the three you have posted, I'd go with A.geniculata. T.stirmy is not beginner friendly, and N.chromatus is basically a more moody and less visible version of the A.geniculata.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
What? A genic (or white knee) is one of the most beautiful terrestrials out there.
Yup! They most certainly are. Of course tastes vary, but the contrast of their white leg bands with their dark parts really make them pop. Put that together with their impressive size, ease of care, willingness to be where they can be seen, and feeding response, and it makes them a great spider overall.

saturnthegrey

Arachnosquire
You can tty the classifieds on here, thats where I do near all of my purchases and alot of the sellers are great guys. If you have any worried you can check out their reviews pages and see what their buyers experiences with them were.