Orchid

Lor&Chris

Arachnopeon
She's (or he not sure of sex yet really) totally adorable. I've always wanted one but never saw them in any pet stores. I've only seen green tree frogs or other types. I guess they're quite hard to come by! Once I find out if this is male or female, I want to get it a mate and breed them =)

Lor

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeah thats really cool...i havent seen any in stores either..but i thought about getting them off the net..still somewhat hard to find, and cost about $40...i wanna take a exxo terra 12x12x18 and put in my big waterfall, and fogger and and get like 4 of those guys...i have had a few of the dumpys(whites), and never had any luck...one of them even cut himself open on some plastic plant, and bled to death in the middle of the night...

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow, beautiful picture - and what amazing colors! Absolutely gorgeous!

Lor&Chris

Arachnopeon
catfishrod69: Aw that's so sad! I tried to make sure we have plants that have soft edges so hopefully she'll be okay. I have a temporary 5.5 gallon tank we stood up on it's end for now until I decide if I am breeding them or not. If I'm getting another I need the really large exxo terra tank, there's one bigger than 12x12x18 but it's like $108 here. I also want to invest in a fogger, I've been misting a lot to make sure the humidity stays up! I paid $70 for her. I've heard they go cheaper in places but apparantly not here lol.

Thanks everyone! Will update if I get another to breed with!

Lor

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeah i know what you mean...i just have like 12 unused 12x12x18, thought that would be a good one to used though....i plan on using them for T's but waiting on the little ones to get big enough...big apple pet supply has them for $47.99 each....not too bad

Louise E. Rothstein

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you live anywhere near a monthly reptile show you may find large tanks there...if their prices are a problem you might ask some of the exhibitors whether they would know about any used tanks that might come cheaper.

That only takes care of the price problem,though... If you're buying a tank for (say)red-eyed tree frogs you must make VERY sure that your "old" tank is either totally free of frog-killing fungus or that you know how to make it so.

Best of luck-I LOVE those frogs.

Lor&Chris

Arachnopeon
catfishrod69: Holy that's a lot cheaper than they are here at Pet Smart. They're 69.99 CND each here for the 12x12x18. The smaller is 59.99 CND

Louise E. Rothstein: There's the reptile show that goes to Missisauga twice a year, but that is still about 3 hours away from me. I'm not sure if the drive + renting a table would be worth it or not. I guess I'd have to try it to find out. I am unsure if shipping them could be safe at all, I don't see how it could be. Might have to just advertise a lot and maybe meet people in a bigger city. I actually had a 2 foot by 2 foot by something high tank that was used and given to me by a friend. But I didn't trust it to be clean enough even after cleaning it, so I bought a brand new one.

Thanks!

I also found out the 2 left at the store are from the same clutch, so I have to wait a few weeks for them to get another order in so I can attempt to get a mate. Watch me end up with 2 female or 2 male lol...

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
sorry how i worded that...i meant the tree frogs are 47.99...the exxo terras at the pet store are 80...but i got lucky and i bought one from the pet store, and then i drove 4 hours away and got 15 of them for 450 off a guy...

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yea it really was and the weather and roads were horrible the whole time... everyone on the interstate was going 35-40 miles an hour....but i figured i would be saving myself around $800 in the long run, so it was def worth it.

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have to tell you I keep coming back to this picture. Those colors are miraculous by design. Beyond amazing.