Orca kills great white, rips out the liver, and invites her calf to eat it.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I don't see what's so surprising about it. Lions and wolves and other predatory mammals do pretty much the exact same thing for their young. :)

I think some reptiles may do it too, possibly alligators or crocs, but don't quote me on that.

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I heard about it before, the shark was supposedly be quite small which explains alot on why the orca attacked it
But that footage could be anything, not the NG quality exactly ;)

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yea i heard of this before back when i was in high school from a science teacher. But Great Whites can grow to about 20 feet. It would be interesting if a 20 foot great white crossed paths with a 20 foot killer whale. Wonder who would win that, but my money would still be on the whale.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have seen footage on the discovery channel of a male orca nailing and eat a great white so it does happen, orcas also eat other whales and dolphins so this is not surprising.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Orcas have also been known to kill the large baleen whales and eat them. there are even stories of them helpin people with their whaling. Paradise Cove was the name of the place I think. and Tom the Killer Whale. there was a good show about it.

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
orcas have done that, but in a different way, they kill smaller ones and by drowning them. Plus im more curious of a 1 orca vs 1 full grown max size great white, though like i said my money is still on the orca.

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have seen footage on the discovery channel of a male orca nailing and eat a great white so it does happen, orcas also eat other whales and dolphins so this is not surprising.
Interesting. This above incident is the only one I ever heard of and been recorded.
Dolphins are not even close to the size of a fullgrown white shark so they are more or less defenceless, the whales are drowned so they wont give up a fight either.
A fullsized GW would probably not been attacked by a orca since the risc of serious injury would be great.