Orange Huntsman eggsac

cabey

Arachnopeon
I came home from work today and found that my Orange Huntsman (thanks again botarby8s!) had an eggsac spun to the roof of it's enclosure. I started to lift the lid and she ripped it off and bolted. This is my first experience with spider eggsacs so I'm clueless. Is it bad that she ripped it off? What can I expect as far as care for the young if the eggsac is indeed viable? Finally, is there anything I need to do right now to better the odds of it being viable? Any help would be appreciated. I'm elated!!!

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
congrats!:clap: i have 1 also from botar,and she's gettin ready to lay also(she's very fat) just leave her with the sac,then when it hatches ahh babies! lot's of em,ofcourse the babies will need small prey items,and each other aswell(canniblisim),you can them all together for awhile,but then seperate each of them.that's always a fun job{D

cabey

Arachnopeon
Couple of questions. How long does it take until the ahh babies part? Also, do I feed mom while she's got the sac? And finally, what do you keep the babies in?

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
once the babies are out of the sac,they are on their own,you can put each 1 in little vials(seperate ofcourse),as for the mother she may,you can try,but if she refuses take the cricket out so the cricket won't chew on the sac.ive had some mothers eat and some with no intrest until the eggsac hatches. hope this helps:)