Orange Bitey thing

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here are a few pictures of my OBT and his webbing work. I can't wait until I get my double tank....so my OBT can make even more webbing..

img]http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=3508[/img]

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Looks like you need to dry that substrate out more. It looks a little moist to me

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looks like you need to dry that substrate out more. It looks a little moist to me
Well the water dish have is filled with webbing because he webbed it all up. so the water usually tips over on to the substrate and im constantly refilling it...so what should i do?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I would fill that water dish about once a month. That is all the water this species will ever need. By constantly refilling, you have created a moist environment that could effect the health of that spider. This species thrives in very dry conditions

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ok i wont water the dish any more I'll just let it dry out..

some of that is also from usin a humidifer

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My OBTs tip dishes, too, so I just mist their webbing once in awhile and I've kept them for years that way.

Giantsfan24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How long did it take him to do that? I mean, when you first got him, how long was it before he really started webbing?

I ask because mine isn't webbing much and is acting more arboreal. I added a bunch of peat most to dry out the tank but he likes to be arboreal.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What kind, how deep, and how moist is your substrate? All of mine were prolific webbers within days of being place in their enclosures. I never keep mine as arboreal since it seems to make them act more defensively. I put a slab of cork bark over deep peat moss substrate and let them build a burrow from that.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How long did it take him to do that? I mean, when you first got him, how long was it before he really started webbing?

I ask because mine isn't webbing much and is acting more arboreal. I added a bunch of peat most to dry out the tank but he likes to be arboreal.
Once I put him in there he did all that within 3 - 4 days...leave them alone and most of it will be done over night.....the more you bother / stress him the longer he'll postpone the webbing. he has to get settled in and left alone.

Jonathan Wilhelm

Arachnopeon
Yeah mine webbed up the whole corner of it's new 5 gallon tank behind a fake plant over night. Tried to make a little cave for it with rocks, but it liked the top of the rocks better with the plant. Sometimes I find it on top of the tank acting very arboreal, but I think its just chassing crickets.

Giantsfan24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well it finally happened that he started really webbing up the inside of his hide. The key is that its on the ground(he used to web arboreally some but never the ground). I had coco fiber that i guess was too wet for him(i kept trying to blow dry it dry but that didnt work well) but now have alot of peat in there and hopefully I'll wake up with a sea of white threads.