Opisthacanthus asper

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Beautiful scorp! I'd probably keep them separate. If nothing else, you can try keeping some together after you breed them (assuming you want to) and see how they do.

JavaJacketOC

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Where did you get these from? I have a trio that were labeled O.sp CF Madagascarensis but my proven breeder male does not look like O.Madagascarensis...he has very small claws in comparison to pictures of male Madagascarensis. I'm wondering if mine are actually Asper.

Terrena Laxamentum

Arachnoknight
Where did you get these from? I have a trio that were labeled O.sp CF Madagascarensis but my proven breeder male does not look like O.Madagascarensis...he has very small claws in comparison to pictures of male Madagascarensis. I'm wondering if mine are actually Asper.
Do you have a picture of yours? How big are they? I got mine from an importer, they came in as "Cape Burrowing Scorpions".

Terrena Laxamentum

Arachnoknight
Do you happen to remember where yours were collected from? It's very similar to O. rugiceps, but I'm also unsure of the full range of O. asper, but also aware of the fact that there is a total of three color variations.

JavaJacketOC

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Do you happen to remember where yours were collected from? It's very similar to O. rugiceps, but I'm also unsure of the full range of O. asper, but also aware of the fact that there is a total of three color variations.
No, unsure of where they were collected from. I got them from ken the bug guy, he was pretty confident they are madagascarensis...I'm not sure though.

Terrena Laxamentum

Arachnoknight
It could still very well be O. madagascarensis (or a similar species, there is about 12 on the island), since when they usually come in, they are from the island.

Daniel Edwards

Arachnoknight
Underground Reptiles (and their many satelite locations) have these listed as well. They seemingly have come in on an import from Southern Africa in general. They are out of the madagascar locale at this time.

JavaJacketOC

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Underground Reptiles (and their many satelite locations) have these listed as well. They seemingly have come in on an import from Southern Africa in general. They are out of the madagascar locale at this time.

Mine came from a Madagascar shipment a few years ago. I've seen O.Mad's available recently but they seem to be from Africa...I could be wrong.