opinon from the masters

freetosting

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am just curious as to whether or not my red clawed emperor's behavior is normal. First, he hasn't eaten in like 2 1/2 weeks. He ate fine when i got him for like 3 weeks and now he wont eat. Second, he never comes out of his little hideout. If he does it's between like 2am and 7 am. Any other time, he is never out, and third, he has gotten really aggressive since I have had him. Everytime I even go near the cage now he ready's himself for war. If I move his little bark thang to get the crickets out he goes crazy and runs after my hand and trys to claw me to death. before he never would even bother he would just sit there and only get aggravated if I messed with him specifically. I am just wondering if my little killer is acting normal, or maybe if he may be approaching a molt perhaps. He is not fully grown. I am just inquiring because the not eating has got me. The humidity and how hot it is isnt the reason, it is the same tempature and humidity when I first got him and he was eating then, so that isnt it. thnx for the help anybody. Appreciate it.

CID143ti

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Honestly, I haven’t really figured mine out. What sex is the scorpion? From what I understand males do not eat as much as females. Maybe your scorpion was starved and it needed a few meals to stabilize itself. Mine doesn’t wander out of his burrow but a couple nights out of the week. I rarely see him. Most Red Claws are very defensive, maybe it has established itself in a new territory and that’s why it is always on guard.

W. Smith

Andrew

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yah my red claw is really aggresif aswell! some times mine doesent eat for 2 weeks either amd rarely come out to say hi HAha and i'v hade mine for 3 years know so it must be allright.

Thanks, Andrew