Opinions!

DeathsPyro12

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well I just got a 20 gallon tank and a 30 gallon tank, and hoping to free up my 40 gallon breeder soon(having to sell my Burm.) But here is what I need an opinion on, what in the world to put into the 30 and 40 gallon tank?! I can not decide if I want to make a very large aboreal cage for a female pokie or something like that, or maybe a terestrial communal, or maybe just a single large female terestrial T. I have my female L.parahybana in the 20 gallon tank(she looks small now), so I need opinions for the 30 and 40 gallon tanks. Specially with the NC reptile and exotic animal show coming September 4th and 5th! So I'm really trying to get ideas. I was thinking maybe a female P.Ornata enclosure, or maybe an H.gigas enclosure with pond, but I'm having a thinking block. So opinions are needed. :)

Tim.

Rice is nice

Arachnopeon
Put a H.lividum in there, Just make sure its got enough substrate to dig into, they dont need much land up top.....

watch youre fingers.....

Peace......

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Use it for an L.p? Order yourself a cb Theraphosa blondi or Theraphosa sp sling and save it for that one down the rd? ;)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sell them on Craigslist.. Those are (IMO) to large for any T... Use the money you make off them & buy more T's... {D

DeathsPyro12

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Probably should have forewarned no pet-holes. Sold all my Haplopelma sp. only pet hole I have is the C.crawshayi.

I thought about T.blondi but NW's hairs seem to bother me alot, like right now my finger tips are slightly numb after moving the L.parahybana. So I am trying to put an old world in there. I should have also mentioned that at the start. :)

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How about trying an arboreal communal? Like some P. regalis?

Or maybe a female P. rufilata?

Would love to see someone doing an H. gigas enclosure with a swimming hole (although I believe that's where Redneck is heading with his slings?)

Put a H.lividum in there, Just make sure its got enough substrate to dig into, they dont need much land up top.....
A 30 or 40gal tank of dirt? Waste of space.

DeathsPyro12

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Lol well the only reason I don't want to sell them is because they are going to be my few main display tanks, seem to make people(who venture close enough) more interested then just seeing the plain and basic. Besides, I enjoy setting up and playing around with the large enclosures.

DeathsPyro12

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I though about trying that Niki, if I could only get my P.pederseni to find a male she likes that she won't eat. Also thought about the H.gigas with pond, or maybe an H.gigas communal with pond.

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
Go to Lowes and get a few pieces of glass cut to fit the inside dimensions of the tanks . One thirty gallon tank could easily be divided into four or five nice sized compartments . Be sure to make the glass pieces are a shy bit taller then the inside height of the tank so that when you put on a screen top it will form a tight fit to prevent your Ts from crossing over into each others compartments . A soldering iron is the perfect tool to melt channels in the plastic aquarium rim so the glass will slide right in . Then just use some small dabs of silicon to fix the glass pieces into place . All of the compartments can then share one heat and one light source . Keep in mind that it works best to keep only similar species in one divided tank . Or at least species with similar environmental requirements . I have three tanks divided up and they work great for my needs .

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sell them on Craigslist.. Those are (IMO) to large for any T... Use the money you make off them & buy more T's... {D
OP, i feel iffy about divided tanks myself, so i agree with RN. if you don't mind waiting, sell them on craigslist and house what Ts you want in appropriately sized enclosures. sure, you'll get plenty of crappy offers, but if you don't need the money now you'll eventually find someone who wont lowball you too much.

craigslist is how i afford all of my Ts, since money is pretty tight. if i get something new, something's gotta go... i use the time in bewteen buyers to do research on the T's so i stay sane and don't impulse buy :D

A nice Euathus sp. or a Avicularia.....
euathlus are arboreal? :wall: i thought i read they were sometimes semi-arboreal. well, good to know now for the eventual enclosure...