Opinions on the L. parahybana?

ophidia

Arachnopeon
I like mine quite a lot. She was my first tarantula in about 15 years, and grew from about 2.5-3" to 7" in 14 months. She's not aggressive at all, just skittish. I like her a lot, but man, those hairs! They really get me. Even so I don't plan on ever parting with her. The heavy glove is for itchies, not bites. She's never thrown a threat pose, and this is only the second time I've held her (due to itchies and potential for skittishly jumping to her death). DSC_1056.JPG

Tarantula20

Arachnosquire
I have never owned a LP but I do own a Lasidora klugi which is pretty much the same thing so ya Id say there pretty great T's for beginners but more along the 2nd to 3rd T range because of there immense size.;)

GG80

Arachnoknight
I have both L.p and A. geniculata since they were slings and by far the most interesting of the two is the genic. I do love my L.p but it is a little bland looking. The genic's colours and personality are awesome and it has outgrown my L.p after 2 years and is noticeably larger at almost 5" DLS compared to the L.p's 4.5" DLS.
If you're thinking of getting either one of these species I'd advise the A. geniculata. Personally though, I'd get both :).

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
if you get it from a breeder, get an A. geniculata or C. cyanopubescens (GBB) and you'll probably get one or two L. parahybana as freebies with your purchase lol.

ao4649

Arachnopeon
i think theyre cute! very wonderful, but be prepared to rehome often because they grow quickly and you may end up needing a HUGE enclosure. most people only report them getting to be 8 inches, but they're perfectly capable of growing to 11-- therefore, while you shouldn't count on a foot long spider, you should be ready for one if you happen to end up with one.

GG80

Arachnoknight
No, not in real life, only in fantasy land. 11" LP:rofl::rofl::rofl::rolleyes:
This seems to be the truth. All my research on L. parahybana has led me to believe that 7"- 8" is the norm and sometimes they might push to 9" but that's it.
Of course you will have some who will exaggerate the size of their spiders :p.