Opinions On a Product and its Safety with T Enclosures.

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
Hi guys,

Im looking for some opinions and thoughts on a certain product and using it with T enclosures. I've searched a bit and i haven't specifically found a thread with this particular product(though if there is one i missed, it would be greatly appreciated if it could be linked here so i could view it!)

The product in Question is called 5 Second Fix. basically its a clear plastic resin that Bonds when Exposed to UV Light for a few seconds. and I'm just curious if anybody here has used it before and if they have any ideas on if its safe for use in Tarantula enclosures?

Ive done a small test with it on a piece of cork bark in a T's enclosure so far and seen no issues but i don't know if it would have any Long term effects possibly.

I've seen some people on here in the past mention things like the E6000 Glue and some have been for and some against stuff like that, but this Stuff seems to be more of just a plastic resin itself.
Now obviously i don't want to be using something Truly harmful with my T's, but At the same time, Its literally worked Wonders so far(Keeping a piece of Cork bark firm and still where it other wise would never had stayed before)

the big reason i ask is, because unlike many other products(like E600 and otehr glues and epoxies) there are no warnings or ingredients full of harmful chemicals, and when used there are no odd fumes or smells I've ever seen or smelt with it.

Any opinions you guys might have on this would be much appreciated!!

here is a picture of the stuff I'm talking about and heres a picture of a Set up i did using it(used it to keep the vines Flush and bonded to the plastic walls and a small amount on the right side to keep the cork bark connected to the wall so it wouldn't move) Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 3.47.14 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 3.49.10 PM.png

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I can't say, but I would wait and see what CB says if he chimes in

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
According to my old friend Chow Yung (ah ah :angelic:) that product doesn't work too well and if a Chinese say so I trust him u_u

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
According to my old friend Chow Yung (ah ah :angelic:) that product doesn't work too well and if a Chinese say so I trust him u_u

well I'm not using it for anything major, or even anything with much strain(the piece of cork bark weights under .3lbs) but so far has worked amazing, has held tight and had no problems.

Personally, I wouldn't use it. If it ain't broke don't fix it!
true. for me its more just trying to find better alternatives, or answers to something i don't have an answer to already.

like with the whole e6000 Glue, I've been suggest that before multiple times, but when i use it(haven't used it with a live animal yet) i can clearly smell fumes with it and it even has huge labels about the whole "chemicals known to cause cancer in the state of CA" and such. and for a product that works 100x faster and other then for tasks with a good amount of weight involved, works just the same.

I've used it on other things and its failed but that seems to be mostly that it was bonding between two surfaces where the UV cant pass through. where UV can pass through, like through glass or plastic, I've yet to have it fail.

i guess its more, i know it CAN be effective, but didn't know if somebody already had experience with it and live animals (like used it and 3 months later all their T's in those tanks died, or massive tumors, or mutating and started talking or something like that) figured if there is anyplace to ask about it would be here :)

Jpeg

Arachnopeon
Should be fine when fully cured, it looks like a run of the mill acrylic.

cold blood

Staff member
I can't say, but I would wait and see what CB says if he chimes in
I don't use glue, so I am probably not the right guy to be tagged...but I would think as long as there is no fumes and there isn't gobs in places the t could get at it (because they mouth everything) it should be ok.