Oodles of new hatch curly hair ts.

jacksgirl

Arachnopeon
Hi all. I bought a curly hair T at the pet shop. Could not resist. About 2 weeks or so after that, she made an egg sack. I now have a ton of new hatch curly hair babies. Anyone have any info on what size vial to put them in once they have their first molt? Where can I buy them (vials) at a reasonable price?
Also, how many will survive to their first molt? Wild guess? all of them? They are all moving at this point. They are 42 days from egg sack being built.
Could use some help in how to separate them safely when it is time to put them into the vials, pill bottles?
Bought her after my 2 other ts died from old age a couple of years ago. Did not expect this... Please help...

jacksgirl

Arachnopeon
Thanks. I will check it out.
Any advice on how to safely separate them without killing them? They look so fragile.

jbooth

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Direct from Thornton, bulk "scratched" I'd say would be the cheapest if you need a bunch... I wanna say it's like a thousand for about $100

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
Interesting occurance
Very common, but interesting nonetheless. OP might wind up with 300-800 spiders. You might wanna take the sac from the mom soon. At 42 days they’re probably first instar. 2nd instar is when they start eating. Good luck

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Definitely time to prepare to separate them and then they will be able to start to be fed after molting to 2nd instar. You can probably send individuals to members like ourselves if when you need to start getting rid of them luckily you are here on AB and were the spider nuts 🤣 Congrats on hatching a successful sac 😉

jacksgirl

Arachnopeon
Definitely time to prepare to separate them and then they will be able to start to be fed after molting to 2nd instar. You can probably send individuals to members like ourselves if when you need to start getting rid of them luckily you are here on AB and were the spider nuts 🤣 Congrats on hatching a successful sac 😉
Thank you. I will definitely need to find them homes when the time comes.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Yep...just go to Walmart,or any larger supermarket.Usually you will find deli cups in with the paper plates and plastic cups section.I picked up 100 ct for around 3.00 US.Give yourself several hours,and just scoot and lid them.

Take a few breaks during seperation,and dont get frustrated.Laying down a white bedsheet,or towel can help.Dont get annoyed when trying to get one cupped,and three more decide to walk off.

Its not like herding cats,but pretty close :lol:.

jacksgirl

Arachnopeon
Sounds like a plan. (Best laid plans of mice and men) :)
Thanks for the info.
Should prove interesting to say the least.