Feedback Only Trade?

Acro

Aziz! Light!
Old Timer
I was about to make a classifieds post (on the new classifieds). I wanted to make a Trade post (as I am looking to exchange inverts, not make money). I read through all the new rules and instructions. However . . . in the new classifieds it seems that you cannot only trade, but you must be willing to sell too, as stated here: https://arachnoboards.com/help/classifieds/ under 2.3.3 Trades :
Trading is only acceptable as part of a For Sale ad. All items listed in a For Sale ad must have a monetary value assigned to them. If you post a For Sale ad without prices because you are willing to trade, it will be deleted, and warnings may be issued.
A For Sale ad stating: "P. murinus, 2.5" unsexed $20 or willing to trade" is fine.
A For Sale ad stating: "P. subfusca slings, accepting trades" is not.

I understand assigning value to something you want to trade to set a base line, example:
I'd price this invert at about $10.00 each. or​
I've seen this bug sell for $25.00 for a group of 10.​

But I don't understand why someone is forced to accept money for something they only want to trade. It would be great to be able to make a trade post with out being forced to accept money. I simply want to trade one species of invert for another species of invert with no money getting in the way. So, my suggestion is . . . in the Classifieds section, can we add a "Trade" option to the established "For sale", "Free", and "Wanted" categories?

Thanks for reading and have a beautiful day!

Last edited:

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Hi Acro,

First off, thank you for reading the Classifieds terms and rules and coming to us with your feedback.

"For Trade" ads were "folded" into "For Sale" as "For Trade" was very rarely used. A "For Trade" ad is ultimately a "For Sale" ad with payment in a form other than money. Listing a value for each item does not mean that you must accept payment in "money", merely that you must assign the item a "monetary value".

In other words, an ad stating:

P. murinus, 2.5", unsexed, $20.00 (only accepting trades of equal value at this time)

would be acceptable.

It would be even better if you listed what species you were interested in trading the item for. :)

Regards,
MrD

Acro

Aziz! Light!
Old Timer
MrD,

Thanks for that wonderful reply!

May I suggest adding the example you stated above "P. murinus, 2.5", unsexed, $20.00 (only accepting trades of equal value at this time)" to the Classifieds terms and rules along side "For Sale ad stating: "P. murinus, 2.5" unsexed $20 or willing to trade" that is already there? It would make things extra clear! :)

Either way, you (and the team) are doing great, thanks for all that you do!