Online Millipede Dealers?

Cheo Samad

Arachnopeon
Does anyone have any reputable recommendations for online millipede vendors? My girlfriend has been talking about them for weeks and I'd love to surprise her with some.

arizonablue

Arachnosquire
bugsincyberspace.com has a nice selection of millipedes and is a very reputable vendor. I've made multiple purchases from BIC and never had a problem. I ordered some of the Orthoporus Gold millipedes from there recently and they are absolutely gorgeous. Your girlfriend would probably love them. :)

SlugPod

Arachnoknight
Are you in the USA?
BugsInCyberSpace is a great source for millipedes online.
You can even buy premade substrate and/or a complete kit for millipedes to make it really easy to care for new millipedes if you don't have everything beforehand.

Cheo Samad

Arachnopeon
Are you in the USA?
BugsInCyberSpace is a great source for millipedes online.
You can even buy premade substrate and/or a complete kit for millipedes to make it really easy to care for new millipedes if you don't have everything beforehand.
Thank you! I'm checking out their site now. I've personally never kept them but she has owned a few.

SlugPod

Arachnoknight
Thank you! I'm checking out their site now. I've personally never kept them but she has owned a few.
Of course!
Millipedes are, generally, fairly easy to keep assuming you meat their requirements in care.
A good species would be Chicobolus spinigerus (Florida Ivory Millipede).
I've read from others they like to hang out on the surface more than some other species, so I think they'd be a good species to go with!
Pretty and decently sized :)

TayciBear

Arachnopeon
I just bought 2 bumblebees, two Orthoporus golds, and two narceus gordanus from BugsInCyberspace and they arrived today. They're so cute! And that's my A. Gigas (I'm a biology teacher so my school paid for it) 20170202_171137.jpg 20170202_171148.jpg 20170202_171153.jpg

Cheo Samad

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the suggestions guys! I just know she mentioned wanting something that was a decent size. Honestly I'm on the hunt for a few invert surprises for her. I'm trying to get a female juvi brachypelma albopilosum for her too.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Keep an eye on the weather if you are going to have them shipped. I agree with all, BIC is a reputable dealer. But during this cold weather, you might think about east coast vendors or local herp shows. Look at Sam Floyd from Xeric Bayou. His inventory is limited, but you could still get something until better weather.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Agreed with Xeric Bayou. Once it warms up he should have a larger selection of millipedes. Otherwise BIC has great selection and Roach Crossing actually has a few species now too.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Most people buy adults from Ward Science. They are able to ship to most states in the US. Captive bred AGB's are available randomly from the dealers listed above.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Adults you can get from Ward's, plings are now being sold fairly commonly by quite a few different people.

UltimateDracoMeteor

Arachnosquire
Does anyone have any reputable recommendations for online millipede vendors? My girlfriend has been talking about them for weeks and I'd love to surprise her with some.
Cape Cod Roaches and Bugs in Cyberspace are both good for buying millipedes and roaches.

socalqueen

Arachnoknight
We ordered Anadenobolus monilicornis (Bumblebee Millis) from Bugs in Cyber Space. He has a nice selection, a couple things out of stock but I think the key is checking in often.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Where, perchance, could I find these plings? :link:
Besides BIC and Cape Cod Roaches, I've seen them offered in a couple of the Facebook invert groups as well. I believe there will be some offered on Roach Crossing at some point this year as well. The problem always ends up being that they pop up and then are gone really quickly since they're in such high demand.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Besides BIC and Cape Cod Roaches, I've seen them offered in a couple of the Facebook invert groups as well. I believe there will be some offered on Roach Crossing at some point this year as well. The problem always ends up being that they pop up and then are gone really quickly since they're in such high demand.
Glossy Black Pinklegs . . . missed them twice!

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Glossy Black Pinklegs . . . missed them twice!
Oh man, that's a species I wish I would have picked up last time around! Hopefully the people that have them are doing well and we'll get lots of pedelings in the next few years.