One you wont see too often

Mark Newton

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Isometroides angusticaudus. Often synonimised with A. vescus as there appears to be no definite geographic delineation. The former displays the 5th tail segment and vesicle as hirsute...as far as I know. Very difficult to locate. I found this one just recently on a field trip using black light. Coolish night, which did not help, air temp about 22C. Small species, about 30mm full length. This one appears to be an adult male going by its size and long pectines.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Never seen that one before. Looks really good. Buthid I assume?

final-sting

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
very nice species you have in australia ! :drool:
i see you have more isometrus and nice lychas species in your country.

bad australia haves so hard export regulation for his scorpions, take not to much out from the natur its ok , but some privat breeding projects around the world wold them make available for more scorpion fans and only that its what we real scorpion fans want

Mark Newton

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
very nice species you have in australia ! :drool:
i see you have more isometrus and nice lychas species in your country.

bad australia haves so hard export regulation for his scorpions, take not to much out from the natur its ok , but some privat breeding projects around the world wold them make available for more scorpion fans and only that its what we real scorpion fans want

Yes Brian, it's a Buthid. Assumably evolved from Lychas within Australia, (it's endemic to Australia). It interests me that it has lost the subaculear prong (tubercle). Certainly very Lychas like in appearance, not that that means a lot though. This scorpion is often found occupying the burrow of some of our Lycosids (wolf spiders) and it is thought it preys on them as its distribution seems to follow the same patterns as the Lycosids. Too bad they are so darn hard to find, a study would be great.

Yes...it may be possible to export from Australia if it can be proven second generation breeding. Something I must look into.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yes...it may be possible to export from Australia if it can be proven second generation breeding. Something I must look into.
You might contact Steve Nunn. He is doing that with tarantulas I know