one tarantula=?????

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
we have had the T how many days? Not long...and already, tarantula math has set in..we (my kids and I) want more!:} I am finding myself sitting here pondering what our next one should be...HELP! I must need psychiatric help.
Good news though, my boyfriend actually 'held' her today, so he ISNT a wimp! YAY! Give me some time, and I will have him picking out the next one...

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol you have made much progress since those "no spider in my house" days.

good luck with your next choice. Personally i would go for a mexican fireleg (Brachypelma boehmei)

great disposition and downright beautiful.

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
yeah, glad he worked out those control issues.

pbbltt! That is why I was SOO shocked when he said No. WHAT?! Every now and then gotta let them think they wear the pants in the family...LOL J/K. what i think i just gotta do is subliminal messages. he is in there snoring now...maybe between "KWWWWWAAAAAHHHHKKKKKKKK" noises, i will whisper.."Mexican fireleg...""Must have MORE tarantulas..."
Then, in the morning, he can think it was HIS idea...Lol.

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ahahaha or u could play a tape with whatever t you want....

speaking of which, i bet that show you did it the first time!

man you are slick...lol

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

1 T is only the start, 1 is never the ending, it's the beginning:D

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
its like this...

I "accepted" the deer head above the bed..he in turn accepts what I want.I just have to remind him sometimes, thats all...
We are proof that "animal freak" and animal hunter can live together...we just dont discuss certain issues.
a tape, yeah that'll work..I even have headphones to slip on him while he's sleeping.....:}

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
He HELD IT ?? :eek: Right on !! Hes not a wimp then ! Was he nervous ? I still get nervous when I handle mine. I lovem though. Its a thrill to hold them ! :D DEER HEAD ???? EEEW. You poor deer. And you too !! :( I wouldnt have that ! :)

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i just dont look up!

LOL! Yes, thing is RIGHT above the bed...one day i just KNOW it is gonna fall on me.Never thought an animal advocate and a hunter could coexist peacefully, but we just avoid the topic and he keeps his hunting stories out in the garage...shares only the stories with me where the guys are outsmarted..I cheer for the bulls when they show rodeos on teevee, so he knows not to tell me certain things.
YES HE HELD IT! what happened was, I was changing the water in the T's dish, and I dropped the lid, which freaked out the spider, and she bolted at lightening speed to the top of the tank, so i put out my hand and she sooooo daintily stepped on it..so we played the "walk across my hand to my sons, my daughters (both) and then he said "Bring it here"..and no, he didnt act nervous...what a macho man! The T walked onto his hand then decided to just stop (he mustve been WARM) and he maintained very nicely, until she started walking and went from one of his hands to the other then to mine and we put the poor girl back in her home.
Oh i am just so proud of my b/f ;P *sniff* He's growing up sooo nicely....

WolfMemnoch

Arachnopeon
She either stopped because of the warmth or because she needed to breathe.

I've read somewhere that t's can't "run" and breathe at the same time due to the location of their book lungs being in the opisthosoma and their muscles for movement being in the prosoma. Pressure is created in the prosoma and that interferes with the circulation of hemolymph from the book lungs and therefore affects the flow of oxygen. Something along those lines anyways.

YAY. :} Congrats, and welcome to the addiction. Only I might end up having to smuggle my newcomers into the house. I'm thinking of ordering within the next couple of weeks. ;P