One more question... sorry

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry to be an annoyance but I am have several molts happen all at once. My A. hentzi looks like it is getting ready to molt. It laid a heavy web and tried to flip over but it looks like it got stuck on its side. Does anyone here go ahead and flip them over? Or do you let them molt on their side?

Thanks again...

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Just leave them be. They know what they need to do. If it needs to flip it will.

Sheazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Let him molt from his side. My GBB's last molt started from him hanging onto the side of the glass and he slid right out and down to the substrate below...worked just like he planned it with no issues. :)

Sometimes they just choose strange places, but it seems to always work...lol.

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thats what I figured... thanks.. It tried to flip over near the corner and it looks like it didnt have quite enough room. I am pretty sure it can clear the molt tho....

Tuishimi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This molting business is scary, isn't it. I was like an expectant father for 6 hours when my rosie molted. I was so afraid something bad would happen, with each hour I kept going back to the internet to google people who wrote about their molting tarantulas. :) It seemed like it took forever, but it was all over in 6 hours.