One gallon screw-top jars?

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Who else keeps their 'pedes in these?

I just started using them and am still a bit uncertian about whether or not they'll moult fine.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Who else keeps their 'pedes in these?

I just started using them and am still a bit uncertian about whether or not they'll moult fine.
i used to but wasnt satisfied with them for the larger ones , now i use the large KK

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I keep a few 5 to 6 inch adults in these. I have few outside against the house in Rubbermaid tubs too. They molt just fine in the one gals. They tend to molt in a circle. They adjust if their head hits the plastic if you're thinking about that. They just move and do a u-turn. I had a 6 to 7 incher just get through molting in a one gal plastic cookie jar, prob post pics later.

Rounder

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I keep all my pedes in those. I like them because I can fine tune the amount of ventilation they get.

Haven't had any problems yet.

Scolopendra

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
they work pretty swell for me. don't have to worry about fugitive pede's as much. and as rounder said, its really easy to control the ventilation. 1 gallon is the way to go, the half gallons are just a little too short. my yellow leg about hopped out of it's half gallon yesterday. must've grown or something...

Acal57

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Is one gallon really big enough for a adult dehanni?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I will say that I don't think they look that good, the one gals. But they are cheap and my pedes don't seem stressed. I found clear hat boxes at The Container Store. Because of the way the top goes on, they aren't going to get out. Great display container. Might scratch up though. And too bad they are $25. There's a good sticky I think (is it still there?) about how to make a good inexpensive pede container.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I will say that I don't think they look that good, the one gals. But they are cheap and my pedes don't seem stressed. I found clear hat boxes at The Container Store. Because of the way the top goes on, they aren't going to get out. Great display container. Might scratch up though. And too bad they are $25. There's a good sticky I think (is it still there?) about how to make a good inexpensive pede container.
The sticky is now in the article section, but I've been unable to acquire the materials I need to make them.