One big dog

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
(No giving me rations for not getting a Go Pro yet)

Driving along this new SUV pickup comes towards me. I can see the head and neck of a Great Dane looking over the roof of the truck.
So I'm thinking it's standing on something. As the truck passes me I peer in the back. Nope, the dog is standing on the bed of the truck. The top of it's head had to be close to 5 feet! Like the average sized pony.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
haha i can relate my cousin has been breeding english mastif pit bull mixes for size and weight for the last 7 or 8 years, she has one boy names zues who when sitting down his ears nearly poke me in the eyes, and im 6'2 he works in her pet shop and is a often rode by customers kids as a pony, and will happily let you pull one or two 60+ lb of dogfood onto his back and hell take it up to the register lmao

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
The record holder for tallest dog is a Great Dane, I believe it was 42" on all fours and well over 7ft on hind legs.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
The record holder for tallest dog is a Great Dane, I believe it was 42" on all fours and well over 7ft on hind legs.
Finished doing my research thnx to you. Very interesting.
I measured a Toyota Hilux SUV the other day. 42+ inches from the bed of the truck to top of cab. So a GD near record height, withers over 40 inches, would have no trouble looking over the roof. The top of it's head can easily be held over 4 1/2 feet.

As a footnote, that was a magnificent animal. Possibly a little overweight as almost no curve to it's flanks, it's coat had that ultra healthy gloss to it. A medium brindle, uniform from legs up over it's head.
Just a little ridiculous, dog and vehicle constituting around 5 to 10 years average income of the rice farmers that populated that locale.

Last edited: