Once Bitten, Twice Shy...

Arachniphile

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was just wondering how many of you folks have been bitten by your Ts, what circumstances lead to the bite, and what was the experience like? I have never been bitten simply becuase I don't handle mine. Do they clamp on and dig in like a pitbull or is it more like a snake with a quick hit and retreat? I'd like to be able to handle a few of my Ts, but my those fangs are large! I dunno if I could relax enough to keep control of the situation. Is it best to begin handling a T as a sling so it grows used to you and being handled or does that make any real difference?

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
There's a whole forum here about bite reports! Click on "Arachnoboards" and scroll down an you'll see it. Lots of good bite stories.

Wade

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Arachniphile
I was just wondering how many of you folks have been bitten by your Ts, what circumstances lead to the bite, and what was the experience like? I have never been bitten simply becuase I don't handle mine. Do they clamp on and dig in like a pitbull or is it more like a snake with a quick hit and retreat? I'd like to be able to handle a few of my Ts, but my those fangs are large! I dunno if I could relax enough to keep control of the situation. Is it best to begin handling a T as a sling so it grows used to you and being handled or does that make any real difference?
in 30 years or so of keeping herps and inverts I have never been bitten or stung, I am very cautious.......on the other hand, I have had several wild snakes bite me (mostly gopher snakes) and other than the initial sting there were no other problems.
Ed