Omothymus violaceopes & Cyriopagopus sp. hati hati

vounti

Arachnoknight
Hi y'all

could you please tell me how you make the difference between these animals ?
from the images I found on the internet, I think they are very similar.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I’ve owned the former, and never thought they looked like the latter. Curious what images you’re looking at.

vounti

Arachnoknight
I’ve owned the former, and never thought they looked like the latter. Curious what images you’re looking at.
That is the type of images. I don't really trust color on images because light, photoshop, etc. And with these images, J guess that they look alike on certain light conditions. These pictures might be bad too

<edit>

Last edited by a moderator:

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
That is the type of images. I don't really trust color on images because light, photoshop, etc. And with these images, J guess that they look alike on certain light conditions. These pictures might be bad too

<edit>
You're right - you can't go by coloration alone. The Cyriopagopus has thicker, stockier legs and lacks the long setae on the legs like the Omothymus has. As for coloration, I always thought the C. sp. Hati Hati looked more gray than blue/purple, with the exception of in bright light shortly after a molt. The C. violaceopes almost always has some shade of blue/purple visible to the naked eye (once they get their adult colors).

vounti

Arachnoknight
Thank you guys ! I got both species yesterday. They are slings and I haven't had the chance to correctly look at them yet. They are so shy !

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

<edit>
no images