Omothymus,,Lampropelma,Phormingochilus.. MM needs ID

Mako16

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hey guys!

ID needed for this adult male, he just matured a few days ago. I've had him since he was a sling , but I never knew what sp. he actually was, because the previous owner sold it to me as 'normal cyriopagopus' and I was like what in the hell is ''normal cyriopagopus''?! .. and then I've asked him .. is it schioedtei, sulawesi, hati hati.. or what? and he was like yeah yeah sulawesi.. but the truth is he doesn't really look like one, or at least I think so.. maybe I'm wrong.. so I hope there is someone here who knows differences :)

Last edited:

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Hey guys!

ID needed for this adult male, he just matured a few days ago. I've had him since he was a sling , but I've never knew what sp. he actually was, because the previous owner sold it to me as 'normal cyriopagopus' and I was like what in the hell is ''normal cyriopagopus''?! .. and then I've asked him .. is it schioedtei, sulawesi, hati hati.. or what? and he was like yeah yeah sulawesi.. but the truth is he doesn't really look like one, or at least I think so.. maybe I'm wrong.. so I hope there is someone here who knows differences :)

I'm not experienced in the asian arboreals, but that is a gorgeous spider! Love the green, looks similar to a P. cam :D

Mako16

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I believe its a C. schioedtei, another member has picks of hers in this thread. That is unless the other choices MM's are also sexually dimorphic to green.
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/tarantulas-come-in-every-color-except-green.284092/
That's my opinion as well! - C.schioedtei

I'm pretty sure it's not nigerrimum, violaceopes,hati hati, borneo black and sumatra tiger ..

So I was really guessing between schioedtei and sulawesi black!

Here are two pics of him before last molt , and pic of him 2 molts ago.. hope it helps
p.s. the skin from his last molt measures only 3,5 inches (9cm) !

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
So I suppose that the (IMO quite annoying) 'quest for the green Theraphosidae' ended, according to the pics of post #1 :pompous:

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
I don't know what it is but I don't think it's a schioedtei. The sling stage looks wrong and the green isn't bright enough.

Mako16

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I am now quite sure that is schioedtei!

p.s. sorry if i've borrowed some of your pics guys.. I hope you don't mind, I just want to show the comparison.

I have made this picture with pictures of all of them (immature males) .. and I think it can't be anything else! The one in the left bottom corner with ?????? is my male when he was still immature though.