OMG This is bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
Dude calm down. They really are just trying to help you out.
They aren't helping anything!! Do you know what help is? Help is the guy or female who posted, "That's a G. Rosea 100%" that's help. I don't need these elitist trolls bashing everyone the moment someone says this or that went wrong. I read quite a few threads on these boards with these same names by the way doing so. It's really sickening.

redrumpslump

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You're acting really immature. It's pretty annoying. Stop throwing a fit and suck it up. You made a mistake. Stop acting like a brat!

rbailey1010

Arachnopeon
First off,

Not researching is probably the most irresponsible thing you could do when it comes to this sort of thing so calling anyone else stupid shows your hypocrisy.....you dont have to live on the board to take a few minutes to research other people's experiences and suggestions

Secondly, I agree that people on this board tend to bash a little bit but then again, you knew that was going to happen when you posted this so dont act surprised......

Thirdly, making a hit list of people who have been honest (maybe not sympathetic) but still have knowledge on this subject automatically alienates you....regardless if you care or not....dont waste your time coming on this board just to make enemies.....not worth your time or anyone else's.

I do apologize for your loss...it sucks...but now you can move on and learn from your mistake....too bad a pet of your had to die because of it....

Take it easy........

Nicole

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So after about 3 minutes pondering and watching...
Long enough to have separated them and prevented it. That's why people are freaking out on you.

There's nothing that can be done about it now, except learn and move on.

Sorry you lost your first :(

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
Long enough to have separated them and prevented it. That's why people are freaking out on you.

There's nothing that can be done about it now, except learn and move on.

Sorry you lost your first :(
people are post count trolls who can't comprehend. I said he went BACK to his side of the enclosure. And he did not go down to the bedding. I was more afraid of me startling him and him falling. That is why I pondered if I should tamper with the enclosure. If you people were so smart you'd realize a person actually caring for their pets, and wanting to do the best thing, rather than diving right into a situation that could've been worse on my end.

He made the choice to go back to her side when I went to grab a ruler. Because many of you use tarantulas to prove how tough you are, I'm not one of them. So i don't enter enclosures to handle T's whenever I feel like doing so. Everything happened really fast. When he made the 2nd move towards he, he did not wait, or pause he went for it. And she went for him.

My 6 yr old comprehends this. Why is it so hard for you adults to? And I posted pics of her still on her side of the enclosure. I haven't gotten complaints from the enclosure in general yet, so no you don't need to see more.

odiakkoh

Arachnosquire
Seriously, how are you expecting any sympathy or help when you're acting out like this? I'm sure you teach your 6 yr old that temper tantrums don't get you anywhere.

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
Seriously, how are you expecting any sympathy or help when you're acting out like this? I'm sure you teach your 6 yr old that temper tantrums don't get you anywhere.
Yet another clueless. End of story. If you read the OP I'd like you to find a temper tantrum. The anger comes from people like you who can't comprehend and want to troll and bash others like you're some know it all.

rbailey1010

Arachnopeon
I love how you keep referring to intelligence and comprehension yet you are the <edit> who let one tarantula eat another one due to your negligence....do us all a favor and stop posting so we'll forget about this thread and you

Last edited by a moderator:

odiakkoh

Arachnosquire
Yet another clueless. End of story. If you read the OP I'd like you to find a temper tantrum. The anger comes from people like you who can't comprehend and want to troll and bash others like you're some know it all.
Reading comprehension comes from reading ALL the posts, not just the OP. Where did I say the temper tantrum was limited to the OP?

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Your mistake, your fault, the Ts death was by your hands. I am sorry for your loss.

Acting in this manner on here, calling out other members, will do nothing for you. You will wind up on others hotlist and they will be less inclined to help you when they know you act this way. Not doing your research resulted in the loss of your T. Not acting when the time presented itself is a key reason why you are at fault. I am merely trying to help. Another way this couldve been prevented is if you had the right amount of substrate so you wouldn't have to worry about it falling. It seems to me as though you have not done your research. You don't have to live on here to get the info you need, but if your going to keep Ts then you better do your research, or this will happen again.

P.S. You can't increase your post count in the Tarantula chat so no one here is being a "post count troll"

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
I love how you keep referring to intelligence and comprehension yet you are the <edit> who let one tarantula eat another one due to your negligence....do us all a favor and stop posting so we'll forget about this thread and you
You know that is kinda rude really and unnessary you know not to mention it gets us nowhere good. We could talk about things in a civil fashion and agree to disagree on things such as this. He couldn't have predicted this would happen as T's can be very unpredictable and this is a good example of that. They do what you won't think they will

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
You know that is kinda rude really and unnessary you know not to mention it gets us nowhere good. We could talk about things in a civil fashion and agree to disagree on things such as this. He couldn't have predicted this would happen as T's can be very unpredictable and this is a good example of that. They do what you won't think they will
And not to mention I wasn't trying to mate them at all. It's just this Rosea was obviously in dire need to mate, and he went for what he does naturally. And he found that opening. What is the wonder to me, was the fact he squeezed through it. It only made me realize just how frail he actually was. Because he's the same Rosea who refused to eat for 3 weeks basically. Yet he challenges a female who is twice his size, and not playing any games either.

sja69

Arachnopeon
I'm sorry, but this was irresponsibility on your part.

It seems to me that you ignored the warning signs when the other T crawled through the gap the first time - instead of doing the sensible thing and removing one of them to another enclosure you were messing around trying to find a frickin' ruler to measure it with.

I only hope that it was a valuable lesson to you.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
And not to mention I wasn't trying to mate them at all. It's just this Rosea was obviously in dire need to mate, and he went for what he does naturally. And he found that opening. What is the wonder to me, was the fact he squeezed through it. It only made me realize just how frail he actually was. Because he's the same Rosea who refused to eat for 3 weeks basically. Yet he challenges a female who is twice his size, and not playing any games either.
Do you know what a mature male is?

Im also confused, in your first thread you said your rosea was a female, now you say it is a male?

Last edited:

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
First off, calm down.
Second, Sorry for your loss.
They arent trying to bash you, trust me....You should see what they've said to me LOL. (im even quoted in peoples signatures *cought looks upbove*)
What they are saying, and I agree 100% is that
1. If you are going to do a cage divider- THERE SHOULD BE NO SPACES.

I bet if you had 2 mice, in a divided cage, 1 male and one female that you diddnt want to mate, and make 1,000 other mice, you would have done accordingly. What made you think that 1/2 inch wouldnt be enought to let a T squeeze through? Sure, they look big, but when they flatten themselves out, they really arent. The fact is that IT WAS YOUR FAULT.

2. It's a G.rosea! I understand that you thought that it was possibly an LP, but even then, they are docile enough to handle. When you first thought that it was an lp, you should have done research, or even GOOGLED WHAT ONE LOOKED LIKE. The fact that you waited that long to shoo it too its side, puzzles me. Is the room that they are in a DESERT?! was there nothing in that room that you could have used to shoo it out?!? Or even in the tank? I mean really. That was just dumb. rushing to get a ruler to MEASURE the T while the other T was in danger, was irresponsible.

Now i'm going to tell you what others told me, because i've made some stupid mistakes myself, but TAKE THE TIME TO RESEARCH T's Before you get others. The difference between life and death with a T, is as simple as that. (human error- wise)

and on a side note- Getting bit has nothing to do with How much you know about t's. All of them are different, and if you startle it in the wrong way, they will bite. I havent gotten bit yet, but notice the YET. I only handle my T's when need be, but if I forget that the oscilatting fan is one one day while i'm handling even the smallest of slings, it could result in a bite. it's that simple.

Good luck- And dont respond to the people who you think are "attacking" you, but listen.

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
I'm sorry, but this was irresponsibility on your part.

It seems to me that you ignored the warning signs when the other T crawled through the gap the first time - instead of doing the sensible thing and removing one of them to another enclosure you were messing around trying to find a frickin' ruler to measure it with.

I only hope that it was a valuable lesson to you.
Ok that is what annoys people talk like that its not helpful to anyone and it upsets people. A female T will eat a male if she gets a chance anyway he said his T hadn't been doing well. So maybe its a good thing the male was eaten instead of dying because it helped the female in the end. Sorry for your loss though:(

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
haha. wow. You know, I dont feel sorry for you. Because you showed pure ignorance throughout this thread(and the other I DID try and help you on). I do however feel sorry that you cost another living creature its life.

Second. If you are scared to get bitten then you dont need to fool around with tarantulas. I have been bitten. Its part of the learning experience, and part of the rush of this hobby.

I have bred several species. Yet each Time I am prepared to save the poor males life with m bare hand if need be. Thats true care.

Also. a 1/2 inch mistake as you put it, cost a living creature its life. Had you properly divided the tank, such as I or any other person who has a successful divided tank, then this wouldnt have happened.

I have a daughter and I love her, and to sit and ponder for 3 min(or even 1 min) when she is in danger, could be life or death. thats just ignorant. you need to act QUICK in any situation that could result in the end of a living things life. Especially when the situation is caused and controlled by you.

Lastly I am far from an elitist. you are the one who came on these boards, asked about why your T wouldnt eat a meal worm, I gave you an answer you didnt like. And you basically insulted the 5 years of experience i have had with tarantulas in one post. :clap: not the best way to start off bud.

I dont care about post count. I dont even care how long you been doing this. Hell I have even challenged the Ideas of Stan Schultz. the writer of the Tarantula keepers guide. and he has over 30 years experience. This hobby is full of people who KNOW A LOT about what they love. their are opinions, they clash, but in the end we are all in this together.

sounds to me like you rode in on a high horse. time to step down and join the rest of us.

you can target me(or anyone else) but I am sure I could tell you something you didnt know. along with most of the other member here.

so calm down, breath. check out the search function. read a book, and learn something before you kill another tarantula(or any other thing for that matter)

possumburg

Arachnosquire
Ok that is what annoys people talk like that its not helpful to anyone and it upsets people. A female T will eat a male if she gets a chance anyway he said his T hadn't been doing well. So maybe its a good thing the male was eaten instead of dying because it helped the female in the end. Sorry for your loss though:(

Yeah that was certainly more helpful then the actual advice others were giving out :rolleyes:

It's very simple. You messed up, and caused your Ts death. If you don't want to own up to that maybe this isn't the forum for you. Calling people trolls and making "lists" is certainly not gonna help you at all.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
haha. wow. You know, I dont feel sorry for you. Because you showed pure ignorance throughout this thread(and the other I DID try and help you on). I do however feel sorry that you cost another living creature its life.

Second. If you are scared to get bitten then you dont need to fool around with tarantulas. I have been bitten. Its part of the learning experience, and part of the rush of this hobby.

I have bred several species. Yet each Time I am prepared to save the poor males life with m bare hand if need be. Thats true care.

Also. a 1/2 inch mistake as you put it, cost a living creature its life. Had you properly divided the tank, such as I or any other person who has a successful divided tank, then this wouldnt have happened.

I have a daughter and I love her, and to sit and ponder for 3 min(or even 1 min) when she is in danger, could be life or death. thats just ignorant. you need to act QUICK in any situation that could result in the end of a living things life. Especially when the situation is caused and controlled by you.

Lastly I am far from an elitist. you are the one who came on these boards, asked about why your T wouldnt eat a meal worm, I gave you an answer you didnt like. And you basically insulted the 5 years of experience i have had with tarantulas in one post. :clap: not the best way to start off bud.

I dont care about post count. I dont even care how long you been doing this. Hell I have even challenged the Ideas of Stan Schultz. the writer of the Tarantula keepers guide. and he has over 30 years experience. This hobby is full of people who KNOW A LOT about what they love. their are opinions, they clash, but in the end we are all in this together.

sounds to me like you rode in on a high horse. time to step down and join the rest of us.

you can target me(or anyone else) but I am sure I could tell you something you didnt know. along with most of the other member here.

so calm down, breath. check out the search function. read a book, and learn something before you kill another tarantula(or any other thing for that matter)
i couldn't have said it better, cody.

dawg, you really need to chill out on the defensiveness and do more research and read more before posting if you don't like the replies. i want to say we only want to help, but in the end if you insist on ignorance, we only want whats best for the inverts you keep. i hope you open your eyes to the advice from people who have been in the hobby for quite some time, otherwise you may miss on some really good info that will help you in the future to correct mistakes such as these.

also calling people "elitest" for telling you to use the search function is not cool, it is also there to help you, it is a wealth of info at your fingertips immediately you are choosing to ignore.

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
Do you know what a mature male is?

Im also confused, in your first thread you said your rosea was a female, now you say it is a male?
I also stated we were calling it that until further notice. Once again you can't read & comprehend altogether. This is obviously an issue with you, why are you on these boards. <edit>. I'm not the only one on here who isn't good at sexing T's. ONCE AGAIN there is an entire forum for those needing T's sexed. Oh all-knowing one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.