Omfg!!! Shes Shedding!!!!!

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
OMG WHAT DO I DO!!!?? AHHHH!!!! how long until she is hardened AHHHHHH!!!! SOME! HELP!!!!

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
Calm down, leave her be and keep us posted:)
I'm still waiting, no molts here at all!

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
OH MY GOD!!!!! shes half out of her hide and shes HUGE!!!! shes like doubled in size!!i can still see her skin behind her in her hide how long should i wait before trying to get the skin out? how long will it take for her to be hard???

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My 2" geniculata took about 4 days to harden after a moult. I'd leave yours for a week to be on the safe side though. They really do grow ALOT when they moult don't they :D

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by Lostkat
My 2" geniculata took about 4 days to harden after a moult. I'd leave yours for a week to be on the safe side though. They really do grow ALOT when they moult don't they :D
its unreal! i cant beleive it

so people no crix for a week?

caligulathegod

Arachnodeity
Old Timer
Provided it does't disturb her, I can't see why you couldn't go ahead and get the shed skin out. I had to remove my T's shed skin because it interfered with her stretching out fully (she was completely free of it but everytime she'd try to stretch she felt it and recoiled).

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrates on the moult!
And I am glad she had a nice successful one and you didn't have a corinary. :D
Just give her a week of peace and quiet.

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by caligulathegod
Provided it does't disturb her, I can't see why you couldn't go ahead and get the shed skin out. I had to remove my T's shed skin because it interfered with her stretching out fully (she was completely free of it but everytime she'd try to stretch she felt it and recoiled).
she locked herself up in her hide she and the shed skin is still in her hide >_< im gonna have to wait till she goes out of her hide i just hope she doesnt destroy it....

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When I go for a shed I just unseal the webbing.
I don't disturb the newly moulted.
But I take away the entrance webbing, fish out the shed and make sure theres nice fresh water avaliable.
It seems that's what ours hot first once they get mobile again.
A nice drink.

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've always broken open the web/burrow and removed the skin as soon as possible.
Been doing it for 10 years with no ill effects.... :)

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Its always fun to read posts by people experiancing their "virgin" molts !! =D =D

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i got her skin ^_^ she wasnt amused by the fact that i was getting it she flicked hairs at me again and again lol but none hit me thankfully ^_^ nice little skin but i dont think ill able to sex from it the abdomen part is shivrled >_<

but i got to get a good chance of her her legs have gone sooo long but she got a cute little butt now ^_^ got some crix today gonna fatten them up ready for her to devour :}

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
for the first feed after a moult, i usually put a pinkie mouse in 5-10 days after the moult. That way the spider cna get it on its own without the chances of the cricket attacking it if it hasnt quite hardened. And pinkies are good at fattening them up

By the way it doesnt work for spiderlings and smaller spiders

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The first feeding I use after a moult is a cricket that has had it's jump legs removed and is wounded, or stunned.
To stun and wound I ussualy give they're heads a pinch. Not enough to kill it but enough to make it twitch spasticly to atract
the T.
I've noticed that the moulted don't much mind if the cricket is a little dead when they get to it.
They just want the munchies.
But I guess it depends on the T too and it's preferances.
Mine don't care, they go in and munch it up wiggling or not.

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by Nixy
The first feeding I use after a moult is a cricket that has had it's jump legs removed and is wounded, or stunned.
To stun and wound I ussualy give they're heads a pinch. Not enough to kill it but enough to make it twitch spasticly to atract
the T.
I've noticed that the moulted don't much mind if the cricket is a little dead when they get to it.
They just want the munchies.
But I guess it depends on the T too and it's preferances.
Mine don't care, they go in and munch it up wiggling or not.
yea how long would u live a 3 inch sling before feeding it?

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Give her four or five days, At Least.
If she gives you a chance to see them look at her fangs.
Black is good, white is bad, reddish brown is right between.
If your really scared shes not hard enough to kill prey but still afraid she Needs to eat.
Chop her a cricket up and put it on a flat lid like a plate for her.
But she'll be fine in a few days and up and mangling crickets on her own.

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by Nixy
Give her four or five days, At Least.
If she gives you a chance to see them look at her fangs.
Black is good, white is bad, reddish brown is right between.
If your really scared shes not hard enough to kill prey but still afraid she Needs to eat.
Chop her a cricket up and put it on a flat lid like a plate for her.
But she'll be fine in a few days and up and mangling crickets on her own.
well she was eating like a pig when i first got her but she hasnt eaten in like a week now and shes just shed so shes gonna have to wait until monday till i feed her

thanks for the help people ^_^