Olios giganteus pictures

edie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
meet my huntsman

and his dinner :)

my horrible cat that recently killed one of my G. aureostriatas (thread) is responsible for the missing leg of the spider, i've re-named the cat killer.

i think i'm going to finally try to start breeding spiders, i was thinking about starting with this species because i can find them in my back yard when its warmer out and they're beautiful spiders. does anyone have experience in breeding these?

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The slings are small, so you'd need friut flies or possibly something smaller. There's a handfull of great threads about rearing crickets and mealworms, but be careful if you go the mealworm route. You don't want a grain mite infestation.

edie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The slings are small, so you'd need friut flies or possibly something smaller. There's a handfull of great threads about rearing crickets and mealworms, but be careful if you go the mealworm route. You don't want a grain mite infestation.
thanks, mealworms are nasty anyways, i don't think i could ever deal with them unless they were refrigerated

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
thanks, mealworms are nasty anyways, i don't think i could ever deal with them unless they were refrigerated
I hesitate to mention B. lateralis, but those might work. There's also a roach in my profile with incredibly small roachlings that has NO chance of infesting (unlike lateralis), as well as psocids that are about the size of springtails but don't lack the protien required for them to moult properly (friut flies have this problem, too).

Ummm...cricket parts will also work, I'm told.

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
pretty nice looking spider. i've only seen one huntsman here in florida..i wish i could just go in my back yard to find them! :D