Oldest postultimate male........

zoobugs

L.D.50
Old Timer
Joined
Jul 19, 2002
Messages
101
Hey All,
I realize that some male T's can stretch the ol' lifespan when in captivity, but how many years past their last molt have some of you kept them? I've got a male Lasiodora parahybana that matured back in Feb of 2000. He still eats and looks fine. Anybody else keeping old timers?
 

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Joined
Oct 12, 2002
Messages
903
Originally posted by zoobugs
Hey All,
I realize that some male T's can stretch the ol' lifespan when in captivity, but how many years past their last molt have some of you kept them? I've got a male Lasiodora parahybana that matured back in Feb of 2000. He still eats and looks fine. Anybody else keeping old timers?
YES!

I've got a B. albopilosum male who, if he lives until the 17th of this month, will have lived 2 full years from his post-ult molt and 3 from his ultimate molt.

He isn't exactly an object of beauty, but he's special :)

Joy
 
Last edited:

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Joined
Aug 5, 2002
Messages
1,408
Joy,

I don't mean to be rude, just curious.... what's wrong with his legs??
 

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Joined
Jul 21, 2002
Messages
1,373
hey

Originally posted by Mister Internet
Joy,

I don't mean to be rude, just curious.... what's wrong with his legs??
I agree with mister internet, maybe from mating process er something?

James
 

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Joined
Sep 26, 2002
Messages
1,114
Boy he would have to be considered special to keep ticking and look like that. Is the poor guy oversexed?!
 

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Joined
Jul 22, 2002
Messages
3,786
I suspect it's from the standard difficulty of the post-ultimate moult. Notice, it ain't got no palps either. The males undergo some radical body plan changes for that final moult into sexual stud and if they somehow make it to another moult, the changes aren't very compatible with jumping out of your skin.
 

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Joined
Aug 13, 2002
Messages
2,174
Originally posted by Code Monkey
I suspect it's from the standard difficulty of the post-ultimate moult. Notice, it ain't got no palps either. The males undergo some radical body plan changes for that final moult into sexual stud and if they somehow make it to another moult, the changes aren't very compatible with jumping out of your skin.

True, true.

Ernie
 

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Joined
Aug 20, 2002
Messages
1,062
He looks kind of, um, crippled....but still nice to look at...and Im sure hes happy. As happy as Ts get....and I see he has a nice fat butt too ! :)
 

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Joined
Oct 12, 2002
Messages
903
Originally posted by Code Monkey
I suspect it's from the standard difficulty of the post-ultimate moult. Notice, it ain't got no palps either. The males undergo some radical body plan changes for that final moult into sexual stud and if they somehow make it to another moult, the changes aren't very compatible with jumping out of your skin.
That's it exactly, CM. IME, the twisted and attenuated legs you see in the picture are typical of post-ultimate males. Here's a B. vagans post-ult for comparison.

Joy
 
Last edited:

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Joined
Jul 16, 2002
Messages
1,975
I think it's just that the sex was so good that their toes curled. :)

Scott
 

zoobugs

L.D.50
Old Timer
Joined
Jul 19, 2002
Messages
101
<I think it's just that the sex was so good that their toes curled>

Is that why my feet look so funny! LOL!
 

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Joined
Oct 12, 2002
Messages
903
Originally posted by mrderanged
I think it's just that the sex was so good that their toes curled. :)

Scott
Yes, those Brachypelma girls are really hot ;)

Joy
 
Top