Votes: 48 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Why the random poll?

Votes: 16 24.2%

• Total voters

Okinan

Arachnopeon
Just got my Ceratogyrus Darlingi, and my God, it teleports.
Turns out my reflexes are better than I thought, but boy, that was fun.
It (hopefully she) is in her new enclosure, I hope she'll enjoy it!

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Old worlds are a pleasure to keep. I find them very rewarding, despite how many threat postures I get from them and also despite the many old worlds I never see since they're pet holes in their deep burrows.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
“She” will enjoy it...if you put feeders in there, then go away.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Get yourself some Tappies* then we'll talk about teleporting ;)

*Yeah, I know they're NW but they're widely regarded as some of the fastest in the hobby, if not the fastest.

Okinan

Arachnopeon
“She” will enjoy it...if you put feeders in there, then go away.
Haha yeah, that's the plan. "She" must be tired after running a mile in that thing before teleporting to the top of the enclosure and gradually moving back down.
Well, no feeders at least until tomorrow morning, want "her" to get used to the enclosure first.

Harry Haller

Arachnopeon
Get yourself some Linothele and then we'll talk about teleporting :happy: (probably not a valid reply since the thread is about OW tarantulas. It is just a reflection on the subject "speed" and "teleport").

Last edited:

Okinan

Arachnopeon
Get yourself some Linothele and then we'll talk about teleporting :happy: (probably not a valid reply since the thread is about OW tarantulas. It is just a reflection on the subject "speed" and "teleport".
Wow, those have some rather long spinnerets.
I guess they need them with all those funnel webs they produce.

Harry Haller

Arachnopeon
Well, long spinnerets and other spiders aside, C. darlingi is a great species to keep. Congratulations to your new T!

It was actually this species that made the hobby for me to go from "spiders are nice to keep" to "now I have hundreds". So be careful, or you end up with "a lot of spiders"... :)

IMG_20190120_140828-01-01-01-01-1024x683.jpeg

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Get yourself some Linothele and then we'll talk about teleporting :happy: (probably not a valid reply since the thread is about OW tarantulas. It is just a reflection on the subject "speed" and "teleport".
I thought I'd stick within Theraphosidae ;)

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Get yourself some Linothele and then we'll talk about teleporting :happy: (probably not a valid reply since the thread is about OW tarantulas. It is just a reflection on the subject "speed" and "teleport").
You weren't the only one thinking of Dipluridae in regards to "speed" and "teleportation". While much smaller, my Australothele Nambucca are so fast I'm often left wondering if I'm seeing my actual spider or just an afterimage

Last edited:

baconwrappedpikachu

Arachnosquire

*Yeah, I know they're NW but they're widely regarded as some of the fastest in the hobby, if not the fastest.
Seriously! Tappies are SO fast. I have a few T. violaceous slings, and I really enjoy them... even if they DO stress me out more than any of my OWs! :rofl: They have a lot of personality too -- manic little freaks haha

Prime example: the other night I rehoused several Pokies, an OBT, a couple Chilobrachys, and a couple small Tapinauchenius violaceous. Everyone was super calm, except for one little tarantula who attacked the paintbrush multiple times. He even bolted once just to turn back around and bite it again. I'll let you guess which one that was... :rolleyes:

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I’ve never had a tappie before but I can tell you first hand that S. calceatum make little wormholes to instantly transport from one place to another

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma

Oh! We can have tarantula races! You know, how they have frog, or turtle or Dachshund races at festivals!!! We can each bring a spider! Winner gets free crickets for life!

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
@EtienneN, I have thought of that too; I just don't know how one would keep the tarantulas running in a straight line; or how to get them to run without hurting them.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
Oh! We can have tarantula races! You know, how they have frog, or turtle or Dachshund races at festivals!!! We can each bring a spider! Winner gets free crickets for life!
I'm all over this. Ooh I like that idea and I support it, :wacky:I wanted to race my daughter's when they were babies but wasn't allowed:(.

Harry Haller

Arachnopeon
@EtienneN, ...I just don't know how one would keep the tarantulas running in a straight line; or how to get them to run without hurting them.

Arthroverts
Just put a bass guitar at the finish line and they run straight to it. No need to force them to run, it's more a matter of how to prevent them from doing a false start. We can have different groups, OW against NW, arboreal against burrowers, terestial against the flighty ones, Ornata against Pink toe Floyd tarantulas, jumpers against pet rocks... Then the winner will of course advance for the Spider Olympics and run against some real (or is it "true"?) spiders. Let the fastest spider win! :artist: