Old World vs New World

Which do you prefer, Old World or New World?

• Old World

Votes: 36 43.4%
  • New World

Votes: 47 56.6%

• Total voters

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Nice call Wade :D

I had to vote NW, because Psalmopoeus is my favorite genus.

Just because I voted NW though, doesn't mean OW aren't in my favorites. Just behind P. irminia and reduncas, is P. metallica, esp dark form. They look awesome. C. crawshayi is pretty cool too.

lucanidae

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I like them both, but genus Ceratogyrus tipped the scale for OW for me.

Apophis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I voted old world.
Not that i don't like new world species, on the contrary, but 2 things made me choose OW: urticating hairs, and genus Poecilotheria...:rolleyes:

nhojz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
for me?

well i have both nw and ow, what i really want on a tarantula is very aggressive, nervous, with an attitude, stay in the out most of time, bulky body and colorful... basically mixed characteristics of a nw and a ow... dont you guys admire the intelligence of ow species? like their burrowing skills? they can make interconnected burrows... and dont you guys admire the physical beauties of nw species? why cant there be a tarantula possessing those characteristics :? ... hehe

PEACE TO ALL!!!

Dreadwraven

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I love my big fat fatty new world terrestrials. A. Genic, B. Smithi and B. albopilosum, but I also loved the P. Regalis I had. I guess time will tell where my collection will focus. I'm doing the avic thing and the defensive burrower thing just too see.

As for now, the New World fatties take my vote.

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
OLD WORLD

gets my vote too..

Going back to what Botar and Skinhead Dave said..

They just are more exciting..
as for being pet holes..
I see my S. calceatum and H. maculata far more than I do my C. fasciatum or my G. aureostriata.

but I wouldn't go so far as to rid my collection of N.W. T's
Still love my G. rosea's

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
New World, hands down. There's NOTHING I love more than a bright and beautiful, fat and happy pet rock that eats like a fiend!

Grabs food off of the forceps before it hits the ground. vs Ignores the food entirely and aims for my nearest artery. (No contest)