Old molt in my A. Braunshaseni enclosure when I got her, can’t get it out.

Blawrence5

Arachnopeon
Hello, I brought home my first tarantula yesterday (the avic mentioned above) she’s in a vented arboreal enclosure and she has an established web tunnel across the top and back portion of the enclosure. I’ve already bothered her quite a bit as she was given to me unfed and with an empty water dish. So I’ve filled the water dish, fed her and removed the one cricket she didn’t eat today (24 hours after I put it in). She was also given to me with an old molt still in her web! It’s like in there in there, I don’t want to break her web and stress her out but that seems to be the fastest way to go about it without digging around in her web/enclosure for a long time.
Is this going to cause her great stress? She’s a juvenile about 2 1/2” to 3”. Thanks!

USNGunner

Arachnosquire
I don't sweat molts. My C. Versicolor has a habit of building them into her web tunnels. I leave them. I'm not destroying her home for my curiosity.

That's just me. :geek:

Blawrence5

Arachnopeon
I don't sweat molts. My C. Versicolor has a habit of building them into her web tunnels. I leave them. I'm not destroying her home for my curiosity.

That's just me. :geek:
Thank you!!!!!! That’s the answer I wanted and needed. I wasn’t gonna tear her web up either.

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
Depends if you want the molt out to try and sex it or keep it for whatever reason. If you want it then go ahead and pull it out; it'll soon rebuild what you damage and I'm sure the spider will forgive you for it.

If not then just leave it and that's fine too.

Sambro

Arachnosquire
Most of my T's usually do me a favour and dumps their molts outside their burrows or their water dish.
One of my pokies did decide to add their molt in their webbing, but I did remove it and it did make me sad as her webbing is gorgeous. But she quickly rebuilt within 2 days.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
You can leave it or take it out it’s not going to matter either way. Molts aren’t urgent and can be left in if you so choose, or taken out to sex or collect.