Old latrodectus mactans bite

hunterc

Arachnopeon
Something kind of interesting..i was bitten by 2 latrodectus mactan 5 years ago.. once, every year since the bite the old bites swell up, itch like crazy, and ooze for a couple days...then go away like nothing happened. Find it pretty neat, Still see effects 5 years down the road

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Sounds about right. 10-20 years down the road my bite site developed a wart like growth. Top flight neuro pathologist explained. The nerves, which pass on genetic instructions to their replacements, are scrambled.
I've venture a guess the myelin on some of your nerves are damaged or partly missing, the cells with missing or incorrect genetic instructions, as part of the cause for the discomforts.
He did a biopsy of part of my wart like growth. Cell arrays are completely random. Not a wart but like building a house with severe autism, Down syndrome, the wrong tools, and you've never built a house before.
What is most interesting is the potency and longevity of the neurotoxin. It's a fantastically complex beast little understood. Or rather 5 or 7 different toxins. See @Widowman10 web page:

Last edited:

NYAN

Arachnoking
Interesting report here. I’ve been bitten by Latrodectus before. So far I have not experienced any long term effects.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Something kind of interesting..i was bitten by 2 latrodectus mactan 5 years ago.. once, every year since the bite the old bites swell up, itch like crazy, and ooze for a couple days...then go away like nothing happened. Find it pretty neat, Still see effects 5 years down the road
How regular is it? Is it exactly a year apart? Wondering if it's maybe triggered by something seasonal in the environment.