Old EOS, which lens?

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Hello everybody!
So far I have been able to take average photos with my old Nikon P80. Now I gave myself a Canon 350D for 25 € in the neighborhood. Sure, also an old model, but with new possibilities ...
Later I will update to a 650D...
Now I want a perfect macro lens! I want a lens that can be used anywhere, outside around the forest as well as in the spider room. I would like to be able to take sharp close-ups of, for example, spinnerets.
Is there a corresponding product that you recommend. It should also remain affordable and doesn't have to be new or modern, but should achieve good results in combination with the EOS!

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
The price ist also solid
There’s a few different versions of it, but the straight f/2.8 USM is good and decent price. I’ve never used the L-IS version but it’s a lot more I would pick up a set of extension tubes you can get some on Amazon for not much money, this will make your depth of field shallower but will allow you to work at a closer focusing distance.

these were done with that exact lens and some ext tubes. You commented on one of the C. cyaneopubescens Spinnerets as well. I have made the switch back to Nikon full frame now but I kept the lens and one of my crop sensor canons just cause the lens does a good job and it’s helpful to have the 1.6x crop on that body.

this is the lens I am referring to. If you’re looking at where to buy them used check http://mpb.com/ you can find some decent hard deals and they include a warranty, much better than eBay, I buy gear from them, and you can also trade in old gear in exchange for new gear as well. Adorama is another place you can check AB72CA57-E682-4B24-8014-0CC6CFC3E273.jpeg

Attachments