okay so right now i have a juvenile bold jumper (i think)

brotato

Arachnopeon
i want to know which enclosure i should get for it as an adult. i’ve been recommended the 20x20x30cm exo terra enclosure but i want to be sure on which to get. i’m not sure if i’m allowed to post a photo because i’m new to this kind of stuff do you have any other recommendations for an enclosure when its grown?

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Yes you can post a photo on this site that’s totally allowed regardless of how new you are.

brotato

Arachnopeon
i want to know which enclosure i should get for it as an adult. i’ve been recommended the 20x20x30cm exo terra enclosure but i want to be sure on which to get. i’m not sure if i’m allowed to post a photo because i’m new to this kind of stuff do you have any other recommendations for an enclosure when its grown?
this is my baby jumper, it was climbing on my hands today and i’m really happy about it :]

Attachments

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Looks like my Phidippus audax looked when he was younger, too...

Honestly, a 20x20x30cm enclosure is WAY too big in my opinion. My little guy lived in a 5oz deli cup as a sling, then got upgraded to a 16oz deli cup when he got bigger, and stayed in that until I released him as a mature male to go do his thing. They are one of the smaller Phidippus species even when full grown:

Three days after I released him, I found another little sling in my kitchen that is all of 2mm that I'm going to raise up now. Circle of life, you know... This little one is currently in a 3/4" x 2" dram vial.

They're really fun, but if you put it in that relatively huge enclosure you'll hardly ever see it. I think something like a 4"x4"x6" Amac box would be perfect (sorry, don't know the metric conversion). Enjoy, and good luck!

brotato

Arachnopeon

Honestly, a 20x20x30cm enclosure is WAY too big in my opinion. My little guy lived in a 5oz deli cup as a sling, then got upgraded to a 16oz deli cup when he got bigger, and stayed in that until I released him as a mature male to go do his thing. They are one of the smaller Phidippus species even when full grown:

Three days after I released him, I found another little sling in my kitchen that is all of 2mm that I'm going to raise up now. Circle of life, you know... This little one is currently in a 3/4" x 2" dram vial.

They're really fun, but if you put it in that relatively huge enclosure you'll hardly ever see it. I think something like a 4"x4"x6" Amac box would be perfect (sorry, don't know the metric conversion). Enjoy, and good luck!
lmao i skipped the class when we learned lengths so i just copy and paste + google what they mean 😂

brotato

Arachnopeon

i don’t know if it’s coffee i just drank or if it’s cuz of something else but i wanted to tell you that you’re really nice and i appreciate your help! 😁

brotato

Arachnopeon

do you think this would work? i only ask because i already have it on hand IMG_1662.jpeg

brotato

Arachnopeon
okay wish me luck cuz i’m gonna get it! i hope it goes well :](i found the one i already had but it turns out it’s cracked :mad:

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter

Yeah jumpers don’t need anything larger than a tall deli cup or pretzel jar . :D
maybe I’ll try and catch one this year, I just never see them anymore .
Show us how that acrylic container fairs you’re buying once you get one not broke .