Okay, so I could use some opinions real quick.

jhalla16

Arachnosquire
This is my rose hair tarantula Maryjane's cage. I just want to know if it's good enough for her(i really don't know if she's a female) or not, lol.

This is my pink toe's cage... I also would like to know if it's good enough, like if it's goin to be an okay place for her(again, no clue if it's male or female)

Last edited:

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You need to add more substrate to the rose hairs cage. Fill it on up a little past halfway. What kind of substrate is that?

Also I would take out everything but the water dish and hide. If it climbed and fell on the other items it could get injured.

For the pink toe, you can go ahead and take out that flower pot, because it will never use it.

BQC123

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just a thought on the pink toe cage. You could easily add a litter dam, stand it on end, and use it as a vertical cage. I just prefer verticals. Also the smaller footprint leaves you more room for additional cages.;)
It looks good to me as-is though.

jhalla16

Arachnosquire
You need to add more substrate to the rose hairs cage. Fill it on up a little past halfway. What kind of substrate is that?

Also I would take out everything but the water dish and hide. If it climbed and fell on the other items it could get injured.

For the pink toe, you can go ahead and take out that flower pot, because it will never use it.
the substrate is coconut fiber. and idk i like the rock and stick being in there... gives her something to crawl on.
and yeahhh i'll prolly take the flower pot out lol

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

;) Looks great, i'd get rid of the heat lamp if that is what the bright light is.
it's just a lamp i used as lighting to take the picture.

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Remove the rock if you don't want your spider to be killed if it climbs and falls on it and raptures its abdomen.

Also, get a vertical enclosure for the avicularia, they are arboreal tarantulas and they need hight, not floor space.They don't need much of a substrate, an inch or maybe two, no more.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the substrate is coconut fiber. and idk i like the rock and stick being in there... gives her something to crawl on.
and yeahhh i'll prolly take the flower pot out lol
Your Rose hair doesn't need anything to crawl on. Keeping them in there will just present more risks.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
Your Rose hair doesn't need anything to crawl on. Keeping them in there will just present more risks.
i agree completely i told my friend that once who liked keeping rocks in the tank and he didn't listen and his LP ended up dying because of it. it's important to make them content but also to make them as safe as possible

jhalla16

Arachnosquire
You're Avic's cage looks really nice. Are those live plants in there?
no, they're fake.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

i agree completely i told my friend that once who liked keeping rocks in the tank and he didn't listen and his LP ended up dying because of it. it's important to make them content but also to make them as safe as possible
i might take it out, considering your story lol

Mattybofmd

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
rocks are unnecessary true but if you use flat stones there is no problem to worry of a 1/4 or 1/2 inch fall isnt gonna hurt the biggest T let alone smaller 1s

jhalla16

Arachnosquire
rocks are unnecessary true but if you use flat stones there is no problem to worry of a 1/4 or 1/2 inch fall isnt gonna hurt the biggest T let alone smaller 1s
well, i took the rock out. i am keeping the stick in there, though. she likes to be around it.