Okay container??

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looks okay to me, just make sure it's clean and has no chemicals on it.

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
if the lid is a snap top it's going to make a lot of movement/vibrations/bending when you take it off. you might want to cut a large flap in the middle so you don't have to take off and put on the entire lid.

ahas

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
if the lid is a snap top it's going to make a lot of movement/vibrations/bending when you take it off. you might want to cut a large flap in the middle so you don't have to take off and put on the entire lid.
Cool, that' s a good idea. Thanks! :)

Diggy415

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i have jelly mason jars w/lids ready to go for my 1/4" but i also have other ideas, there is a flour jar, you know those slanted ones with wood lid? measures 7"H X 5" wide, is this too big? i also have a 5" round dog treat container.

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
snap-top lids

For snap-top plastic lids, I also cut a small feeding flap into the lid, so it opens downward, that way you can drop your feeder bug in, and not have to remove the lid, also should help prevent an accidental escape of the T, since the flap springs back up to mostly close the flap opening.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
I don't really like those containers as they are really thin and flimsy plastic. It wouldn't take alot for a tarantula to chew its way out of one, all it needs is an air hole or two to get it started.

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
it could work fine although it's not the best container to use :}

ahas

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
How 'bout for scorpions? Would it be okay? Thanks guys for the replies. :)

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
How 'bout for scorpions? Would it be okay? Thanks guys for the replies. :)
Scorpions could chew through a thin salad container in a matter of seconds. I wouldn't advise it!

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i use one of these deli meat containers and have never had a problem. sure, maybe i might accidentally ruin some webbed substrate that my sling decides to web to the top of the lid, but it's no biggie. she's normally in her burrow anyways.

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I use the microwaveable deli containers. It is sturdier than the one pictured above. Basically these containers are only useful if you're raising juveniles. You'll need a nice looking display enclosure once they mature.

ahas

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yeah, I changed my mind. I' m not going to use it anymore. :D Thanks again for the replies guys.