ok what gives!?

Projecht13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ive had this p.imperator for about 2 months now and she has not eaten, not even once. YET she continues to get larger and larger... WHAT GIVES.. In my care she has never been with a male but i know its common to get them after they have already mated..

should I be preparing for a new brood or what?

the pictures dont show it very well, but she is literally bulging out through her armor plates..

Projecht13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
geeeeez {D didnt plan on this but it should be fun if she is actually preggers.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
females gorge themselves before giving birth with any species.... so its definitely going to molt. especially since the tail is creamy orange.

Last edited:

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hey, thats the same water dish that i have for my scorps!...and that scorp look EXACTLY like my female one........hmmm.....:rolleyes: lol congrats :D

Selket

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It looks too immature to be gravid. The telson is too creamy/white, not the mature maroon/red. I think it is going to molt soon.

llamastick

Arachnoknight
Yeah, that's not an adult. You can tell by the telson color. Also, the substrate looks kinda dry (and you should probably be using coconut fiber or soil instead of whatever that bark stuff is).

Projecht13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, that's not an adult. You can tell by the telson color. Also, the substrate looks kinda dry (and you should probably be using coconut fiber or soil instead of whatever that bark stuff is).
she is just on the dry parts in that pic, I flood one half of the enclosure every other day. The humidity is always around 80% :p and it is cocofiber

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I get that you all think it's immature, but how do you explain the ballooning of a scorpion that's not eating? I've never seen that except when they're gravid. :?

Selket

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I get that you all think it's immature, but how do you explain the ballooning of a scorpion that's not eating? I've never seen that except when they're gravid. :?
Premolt? My V Spinigerus is doing the same thing, and it has never been introduced to another scorp, and it is also immature.

I guess it could be gravid, but just from my experience I am saying it is premolt. Only time will tell.

On a side note, if it is gravid and premolt could it molt out of the brood like a T molts out of laying a sac?

GS

Arachnoknight
I'm guessing premolt due to the telson color. If it's the lighting issue i might be wrong too.
Either molting or gravid, its going to be an exciting experience.
Do update us on how it goes :)

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Drinking water?
That's a good call. And if it is in premoult, the most likely cause of weight gain.

But that's a lot of water. I've never heard of a scorpion drinking it's weight in water.

I could be wrong though. It's happened once, maybe twice. :D

Projecht13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It is really exciting waiting to see what she will do!! I will keep this thread going when something new happens :)

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
In what instar is she and what is the lenght from aculeus to edge of carapace?

All those guesses and assumptions :rolleyes::D

signinsimple

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
In what instar is she and what is the lenght from aculeus to edge of carapace?

All those guesses and assumptions :rolleyes::D
Thank you. I was wondering if someone was gonna flat out ask how long this Emp is.

Hey Projecht13,

In case instar, aculeus & carapace are foriegn words for you, you can read that question as 2 parts:

1) "Did you have this scorpion from it's birth, and if so, how many times has it shed it's skin/exoskeleton since then?"

2) "How long is this Emp scorpion from the beginning of its head to the tip of the stinger on the tail if you were to lay it flat out? (ignoring the claws altogether)"