ok these pedes are scareing me

scarypoppins

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ok now this is wierd i was in my invert room last night just feeding eveyone and i got to my scolopendra mutilans tank i have about 30 of them in there. well just for $#$@$ and giggles i was eating a peach and desided to put a peace of it in to see what would happon . well i went back in to see what was going on about an hour later and like 20 of them were going to town on the peach. now this is something new to me centipedes eating fruit. as if the hole mutilans liveing communaly wasent wierd enuff thay like there vegies:? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Melmoth

ArachnoSweetTalker
Old Timer
OMNIVOROUS PEDES

Hey Scarypoppins,
That is truly weird,man!! Mutilans don't seem to conform to any of the rules that other scolopendra do.Communal,calm and now showing signs of being omnivores.Perhaps they are really aliens,who are observing us humans :D =D =D =D
George

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Did anyone ever thought about the fact the Chinese goverment is building invert-shaped-micro-robots ??? :eek:
and Cotton and Earth are just spreading these to us European and US hobbyist to spy on us :?

but the Alien-idea of Melmoth could also be true =D

Serious,.. i'm gonna try and feed one of my bigger South American pedes fruit,.... just to check if it can be other specie will do the same :?

VERY VERY VERY intresting observation ScarryP. :D

scarypoppins

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
dude for reall it is the weirdest thing i put a peace of peach in about the size of aquarter and it is gone... thay just went nuts for it . o and steven i am 1 step ahed of you i tred giveing my other pedes some of it but nothing . you should know that pedes for the most part are movement feeders but in the last few weeks i have been seeing that alot of the biger scolopendra mostly cingulatas african and egyption have been takeing carian and just plane beef , chicken and fish no problems also i found that my heros castinaceps likes dead frozen thawed mice and he also eats goldfish so i thought that was strang but now MUTILANS EATING FRUIT AND LOVEING IT i mean thay tore in to that peach harder than thay tore in to crix i just dont get it:? :? :?

Aviculariinae

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thats cool,a fruit eating pede, Maybe ill try some grapes LOL,But ill definetly try the fruit thing with my own scolopendra s.mutilans! should be fun!;) :) :D

Melmoth

ArachnoSweetTalker
Old Timer
Scary,
My Tanzanian yellow leg is just as happy eating a pinkie as he is eating cricks or locusts. I know of one keeper who always feeds his scolopendra on hamburger pate( minced beef)
Steven- Chinese Mini rocket ships=D
George;)

scarypoppins

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
try the fruit thing but do it at night when thay are all over the place looking for food let me know what happons

cottonsheep009

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is supposed to be top secret but somehow leaked out...
I can't believe it's becoz of the B*TCH, no, I mean the PEACH...LOL =D =D

They can even crawl over your face while you are sleeping. They lay eggs into your holes, say ear holes, eye holes and whtever holes you can think of... :eek:

1 year later, they are going to take over your body and.... (to be cont'd) :? :p

Last edited:

Melmoth

ArachnoSweetTalker
Old Timer
Originally posted by cottonsheep009

They can even crawl over your face while you are sleeping. They lay eggs into your holes, say ear holes, eye holes and whtever holes you can think of... :eek:

Cotton,
Now that's really scary!!! :eek: :eek: =D
George:p

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Maybe they're looking for a good water-source :? ?? And cause there's so many of them and it was a small piece, it disapeared

cottonsheep009

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The mutilans are genetically modified, they have mixed genes, including some from me. Whenever they crawl over your face, you would feel like girls crawling over...:eek: :rolleyes: ;P

This is not scary, but horny!!! :8o :}

Earth Tiger

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
scarypoppins, I can't believe your pets are more scary than you Scary poppins! Scary poppins certainly owns some scary pedes!

and Cotton and Earth are just spreading these to us European and US hobbyist to spy on us ... but the Alien-idea of Melmoth could also be true
:eek:

Melmoth and Gonglyes, actually I know this top secret for long and that's why I don't sell any pedes! These pedes are in fact alien spies!

cottonsheep009

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
(cont')

...they are going to take over your body,
and you would like pedes if you didn't before; :)
and you would be a manic if you have already loved pedes before; :cool:
and you are going to have the gut or the urge to get hold of them if you were a manic before... :eek: =D

obviously, some of the users here have been taken over....(to be cont'd)

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is so cool, I need to get mine some fruit to try this out. I am backing scarypoppins up on the carrion though. The only thing I can even get my mutilans to eat is dead crickets, or their favorite, dead mice.

scarypoppins

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
cottensheep you are so wacked out but thanx again for the great pedes.

o yea and that hole girls crawling over your face thing. that doesent sound so bad;P =D =D

your freind jay

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Haha. Back to the venom of this species, I wish someone would do an LD50. I would really like to know how bad these things are.

pediepablo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Fruit

I got the new Elytra & Antenna Giant Centipedes book at the Northern Virginia Reptile Expo last weekend. I was suprised to read that centipedes will eat bananas. It said that bananas can be fed to centipedes for a short time while regular food items are not available. It went on to say that bananas are harmless to centipedes, but if it makes up their entire diet they will probably die early. Had anybody ever heard of this before?

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Today my little Chinese friends arrived =D
While unpacking them,... some just crawled up onto my hand,....
They were checking out the new territory,... just kept calm and they crawld back into their new tank,.... awsome specie !!! :}

Melmoth

ArachnoSweetTalker
Old Timer
Originally posted by cottonsheep009
The mutilans are genetically modified, they have mixed genes, including some from me. Whenever they crawl over your face, you would feel like girls crawling over...:eek: :rolleyes: ;P

This is not scary, but horny!!! :8o :}
You are a very naughty girl,Cotton!!!:D =D