OK so I panicked when I saw my Chilean on her back. I wasn't fully awake yet and I flipped her over.

Kim cook

Arachnopeon
So in a panic I flipped my Chilean on her belly not remembering the molting process. Should I flip her back on her back. Did I hurt her be flipping her on her belly. This is my first one and I have had her more than a year. This is the first time I've seen her do this

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
Umm.. Yeah don't do that ever.. Flip it back ASAP, especially if it seems stiff or looks in the middle of the process. PICS!!

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
Now that I have the time I can rant a bit. You don't touch a tarantula on its back ever. You go away and let it be. A disturbed tarantula can die in the process of molting. If you're lucky you flipped your T before anything happened. If you're not it could die because it won't be able to get out of the molt. Now be quick and post a photo. I would say put it back if it doesn't move at all.

Kim cook

Arachnopeon
Now that I have the time I can rant a bit. You don't touch a tarantula on its back ever. You go away and let it be. A disturbed tarantula can die in the process of molting. If you're lucky you flipped your T before anything happened. If you're not it could die because it won't be able to get out of the molt. Now be quick and post a photo. I would say put it back if it doesn't move at all.
I didn't know

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
I didn't know
I understand that, but please please please search through this forum and try to learn as much as you can. If everybody did this so many unnecessary deaths could be prevented.. Ahh well, we all learn from the mistakes. I have to give you credit for coming here for help if not anything :)

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
No. If disturbed once, don't do more damage by disturbing it again.
Sorry I thought that the T was already curled on its back if you know what I mean? I figured it would be hard to molt on its legs if the molt already began.. no?

Kim cook

Arachnopeon
I tried to send a video it wouldn't let me. She's walking around
I understand that, but please please please search through this forum and try to learn as much as you can. If everybody did this so many unnecessary deaths could be prevented.. Ahh well, we all learn from the mistakes. I have to give you credit for coming here for help if not anything :)
Hey I'm learning lol. Thank you

Attachments

sasker

Arachnoprince
Sometimes a tarantula (especially slings) molt without being on their backs. My B. albopilosum did this once, but it did not go too well as it lost a leg in the process. I think forcing it on its back now would only make the situation worse. Your tarantula will likely try again later (perhaps later this day or within the next few days). I think you learned your lesson, so no need to scold you any more for messing with a molting tarantula :D But please, for the sake of your spider and your own, read more about keeping spiders as @ledzeppelin said. Being a noob with little experience is not a crime, everybody had to start somewhere. But many mistakes can be avoided by taking the necessary time to gain knowledge from more experienced keepers.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Carapace has popped. All you can do now is leave it alone. Maybe put blanket over enclosure and keep environment peaceful.

Good luck.

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
Sometimes a tarantula (especially slings) molt without being on their backs. My B. albopilosum did this once, but it did not go too well as it lost a leg in the process. I think forcing it on its back now would only make the situation worse. Your tarantula will likely try again later (perhaps later this day or within the next few days). I think you learned your lesson, so no need to scold you any more for messing with a molting tarantula :D But please, for the sake of your spider and your own, read more about keeping spiders as @ledzeppelin said. Being a noob with little experience is not a crime, everybody had to start somewhere. But many mistakes can be avoided by taking the necessary time to gain knowledge from more experienced keepers.
I know that yes.. I feel like an idiot now trust me. I just panicked and said the first thing that came to mind.. Although it does seem still logical to me that it would be better to put back.. IDK.. I have no experience with such a situation whatsoever. I could have waited for somebody else that has had Ts flipped or whatever, but it felt like this is urgent.. So I just made a call logical to me.. It might have been and probably is the wrong one. I apologize for that :) I feel like a beginner hah :)) It always fascinates me how little it takes for us the experienced keepers to feel like a novice.. I've been in the hobby for 10 years and I know my Ts.. But damn sometimes you just fire a blank, or lose a T and something, and you can't help but feel a dumbass :D